Rspca

Sarah

Has anyone ever had any involvement with them?

Just wondered what their response time was like if you'd rang them about anything or if you'd ring them at all?

I don't need to contact them or anything was just something that popped into my head today

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have done some work experience/voluntary work at the exeter shelter in devon.

Last year I had to call them as we had a canary outside the shop that was struggling to fly so, after several attempts, I caught it and bought it into the shop and a lady who walked past kept birds and had a spare cage that she bought down with some bowls and bird feed. I called the rspca and it did take a while to get through as you gotta go through different bits pressing buttons for this and buttons for that, etc etc but once I had got through and reported the bird they said someone will be right on thier way and it took about 2 hours for them to come! I had to call them up several times to ask where they were and they kept saying they were on their way. Luckily it wasnt an emergancy!

I rang them about a wild pidgeon that was injured & couldn't protect itself, they said they would send someone out to collect it & they never showed up, so i don't think much of them either.

but if someone reported u they would be out like a shot

i'm not saying you don't look after your dogs cus am sure u do

just an example

lmao....thought i'd read something like this

We had a swan that was trapped at work last year we rang them and couldn't get anyone to come out!! grrr So I had to go over with a guy from our warehouse and rescue it myself....carried it about 1/4 of a mile to the canal and set it free.......do you have any idea how bloody HEAVY they are lol

I phoned them last week about a crow with a broken wing, they told me to take it to a local vet, they didn't say anything about coming to get it....We were walking with Skye, so if my man hadn't been with me it would of died a painful slow death, as I could not of caught by myself, as it was it didn't survive but at least it wasn't ripped to peices by another animal.

Tell them there is a TV camera filming and they will be there instantly. They still won't do anything, but they'll look really good while they don't do it!

Mick

I like the fact that they call themselves a charity for animals, and are always in need for donations and yet they can afford all the tv crews, tv advertising, radio advertising, etc etc surely if they are in that much desperate need for donations they should stop advertising and im sure that would save them a fortune!

I like the fact that they call themselves a charity for animals, and are always in need for donations and yet they can afford all the tv crews, tv advertising, radio advertising, etc etc surely if they are in that much desperate need for donations they should stop advertising and im sure that would save them a fortune!

The worst thing is that all that money they get through TV advertising goes to the Head Office - the local clinics and rescue centres have to be largely self-financing. The HQ just uses the money they get to raise even more.......

The worst thing is that all that money they get through TV advertising goes to the Head Office - the local clinics and rescue centres have to be largely self-financing. The HQ just uses the money they get to raise even more.......

WHAT!!! I never knew that :eek: thats shocking!!!!

I would much rather donate money to the smaller rescue shelters that do actually rely soley on peoples donations, like a few that are local to me at least they appreciate and need the donations

when i was younger and i lived with my parents i had a beautiful cat called Naz, and he disappeared for a few days, and stumbled through the cat flap one night and just lay there...but somethin was still hanging from the cat flap and i initially thought it was rope or something...my dad picked him up and shouted 'That's his leg'...i screamed and ran away crying both of his back legs had been amputated, and my parents rushed him to the vets but whilst the vet was checking him, he died...The amputations were suggestive of a badger trap and we lived opposite some allotments and we called the RSPCA to see if they could investigate, afterall it was illegal to have them where we lived and it was cruelty...they never bothered coming out and no charges were brought to the allotment owner, dispite my dad finding a trap in the allotment...My poor cat dragged his body all the way back to our house to die, used all his willpower and the RSPCA let him down.

I hate them!

rspca - id say sh*t but y insult shit we rescued that ferret rung the rspca they we closed (pretty sure it says on their tv progamme summin about bein there 24/7 its bullshit they did come n pick the ferret up but they sed they wud put a poster up on a lampost for a week n if its their after a week can we take it down wlked the dogs straight after the woman left where was this so called poster!? no where! they r a load ov b*ll*cks pardon my french!

a girl a few doors up from me has cats , she lets them have kittens and then just throws them out, well a couple of years ago the next door neighbour knocked on my door and asked if i knew my cat had kittens, bloody shock as when i got my cat i was told she had been done, so went out side to take a look and sure enough there is my cat nursin a couple of kittens , they didnt look in the best of health , did wonder when the cat had had the kittens and where she kept them when she was indoors at night lol, then saw another cat nursing the same kittens ??????????? confussed , so was i , so caught 2 of the kittens ,took them to the vets got them treated, booked my cat in to be nutered, she had the op and it turns out she had been done on top of that she had no uterus , so they deffo wernt her kittens , the vet said cats can produce milk to help out other cats , well my cat never recoverd from the op and died a few days later, on top of this we r now trying to tame the kittens we did catch , and catch the others who were getting worse, managed to do that , rang the rspca, took forever, they did eventually come out , and i got a bollocking for letting my cat have kittens and then not wanting to take repsonsibility for them , i could have killed him , dragged him down the garden to where my cat was burried and told him to phone my vet if he didnt believe me, arse holes ,

we called them recently about a dog running along the side of a busy road with a large wound on its leg. We'd stopped to try and catch it but it was petrified. They told us there was nothing theu could do, and told us to call the dog warden. I don't know what happened in the end.