Rspca

Sarah

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it gets worse the next year the same thing happened again the next year, again we phoned the rspca, to be told they wouldnt catch the kittens but if i wanted they would leave me a trap so i could do it my self, work it out if 2 cats had 8 kittens , then the next year 10 cats had 8 kittens each , we would be over run , so i agreed, got the trap and was then told each time i caught a kitten i had to phone the number , go through all the menus again to tell them it needed picking up, im telling you my phone bill was through the roof , i got them all, and the mummy cats , so was hoping that would be the end of it , apparently not , a couple of weks ago guess what apeared in my garden ??????????????????????? more damm kittens

Sounds like the RSPCA in the UK is just as useless as the one in Oz.

- They get so much money in government funding and massive donations each year, yet they hardly rehome any animals at all.

- They were instrumental in bringing in Breed Specific Legislation into Oz which has resulted in any dog that someone might think looks like a pitty, being seized from their owner's home and PTS - regardless of if the dog did anything wrong.

- They bought in the ban on tail docking and make life near impossible for ethical breeders to do the right thing but then ignore the problems caused by BYBers and puppy farmers.

- They spend a shit load of money on advertising, salaries and their anti-breeder propaganda, IMO they should strictly be a welfare/ rescue org and get their useless heads out of politics because they've only made the dog world WORSE by being involved in them.

Not to mention how useless they are when it comes to sending out inspectors and the even more useless RSPCA President Hugh Wirth. I won't get into the absolute shit he spouts, because it will end up as a multi page rant... lol.

And then there was Clifford:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?s=&showtopic=166906&view=findpost&p=3672817

There might be some people at a grassroots level who work in the shelters who have their hearts in the right place but the organisation as a whole is a useless waste of space.

It sounds like the Aussie RSPCA and the UK version are evil twins - too much "animal rights" politics and not enough animal welfare!

Mick

Most definitely Mick. IMO you can't have it both ways, the RSPCA here is used as a political machine.

Regardless of whether anyone here support tail docking or not, the RSPCA here spent TWO MILLION dollars on a TV campaign to convince the public that it needed to be banned. Two million on TV ads and yet look at how many dogs and cats they PTS each year.

Hugh Wirth, the president of the RSPCA here, has spoken on TV about how crossbreeding is ok as long as it's down 'responsibly' :rolleyes:

The same person also called pitbulls "That wretched breed" when interviewed on TV about BSL.

Recently, in another interview regarding a Rottweiler attack, he actually said that - "Those dogs plot and plan and wait for the right moment ... " to attack. You have to be kidding me!

I could go on but I don't want to turn this into a massive rant, lol :D

when i was younger and i lived with my parents i had a beautiful cat called Naz, and he disappeared for a few days, and stumbled through the cat flap one night and just lay there...but somethin was still hanging from the cat flap and i initially thought it was rope or something...my dad picked him up and shouted 'That's his leg'...i screamed and ran away crying both of his back legs had been amputated, and my parents rushed him to the vets but whilst the vet was checking him, he died...The amputations were suggestive of a badger trap and we lived opposite some allotments and we called the RSPCA to see if they could investigate, afterall it was illegal to have them where we lived and it was cruelty...they never bothered coming out and no charges were brought to the allotment owner, dispite my dad finding a trap in the allotment...My poor cat dragged his body all the way back to our house to die, used all his willpower and the RSPCA let him down.

I hate them!

That has to be one of the most upsetting stories Ive read on this thread so far!!!!! Im in darn tears here and what are my boys doing, sleeping! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

And to think I wanted to be an RSPCA inspector but the fear of seeing so much cruelty put me off now I think I wouldnt see any cruelty as it seems nobhody sends anyone out to the cases!!!!

I know Amy - I was very close to applying to be an RSPCA inspector because i wanted to make a difference - but push came to shove and I knew that I would never have coped in that role.....I'd probably have been arrested for punching someone that had hurt an animal on purpose or when learning about what goes on behind the scenes in the "office" i'd have probably made a huge fuss there as well :(