Just had my first Heart attack!

James

Woah!

That was Scary!

So yeah I just had my first heart attack! Basically my mum had her friends twins over and little luke whos 4 decided to open the door and walk out leaving the door wide open, Yep you guessed it, Kita decided to follow, I was upstairs at the time, I could hear my mum shouting Kita's name, then they called me in panic.

So I come to the front door and see her carelessly trotting down the close, I remained calm, I knew I couldn't go after her as then it would turn into a game of chase...

So I just shouted her, she turned around and started trotting back, but the twins started going after her, so she started to run about bk and fourth, So I irratley shouted at them to stop chasing her, well when I shouted, she just decided that she would just sprint back to me in the house :)

All I can say is thank god I live in a close! :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good girl Kita!

Breathe deeply James. She did wonderfully (as you did - can't make it a game or they'll bolt!)

Thank you! :D

Its odd that as soon as i sort of angrily / irratly shouting she cam bolting back! o_O

Its good to see our recall training has payed off! ^_^

So glad that she came back - so scary when they get out!

@James - for those of us not in the UK, we don't use the term "close" - what is it? Thanks!

eerrmm coldesack?? (not sure how to spell it) like a road with a dead end, with houses that go right around... I'm rubbish at explaining :P

@James

It is always a victory when they come back. Ryn's managed to escape a couple of times (both due to a faulty collar) The first time I just calmly sat down and called her name and she returned promptly to me, the second time I walked the other direction and told her I was leaving. It didn't take long for her to follow me. (My first husky, Bo, taught me - the hard way- never to chase after him. Then it became a game I couldn't win)

@James

It is always a victory when they come back. Ryn's managed to escape a couple of times (both due to a faulty collar) The first time I just calmly sat down and called her name and she returned promptly to me, the second time I walked the other direction and told her I was leaving. It didn't take long for her to follow me. (My first husky, Bo, taught me - the hard way- never to chase after him. Then it became a game I couldn't win)

haha thats one of my most successful techniques, I just say "ok then Cya" and walk the other way, she promptly follows! :P

Glad she came back.

Lucky you were there at the time to call to her. :)

eerrmm coldesack?? (not sure how to spell it) like a road with a dead end, with houses that go right around... I'm rubbish at explaining :P

I figured it out by your answer - thanks! - wasn't sure how to spell it (I'm a terrible speller!) but Spellcheck says it can be either of these: cul-de-sac / cul de sac

Thanks for asking, now I'm not alone in my ignorance (( see other thread "Ignorance is curable with a little education!" ))

There are just enough words used differently that I sometimes am not quite sure what our friends across the pond are trying to say - I figure if I don't understand, there are likely to be others who don't, either! ;)

Always best to ask. Many years ago I worked for an American and we working on some financial data in pencil and I asked him to pass me a rubber. He went bright red, how was I supposed to know across the pond you call them erasers and rubbers have a completely different meaning. He was a bit of a prude at best and stuttered and stumbled when I asked him what was wrong.

Always best to ask. Many years ago I worked for an American and we working on some financial data in pencil and I asked him to pass me a rubber. He went bright red, how was I supposed to know across the pond you call them erasers and rubbers have a completely different meaning. He was a bit of a prude at best and stuttered and stumbled when I asked him what was wrong.

:rofl: hahahahahahaha! :P

He must've been so disappointed when you clarified what you ment! :P

:doglaugh: it's like americans call crisps, chips! Weird!!!

Thanks for asking, now I'm not alone in my ignorance (( see other thread "Ignorance is curable with a little education!" ))

Don't feel bad. It took me a week to figure out the folks in England weren't letting their dogs loose in their veggie patches!

So glad Kita returned without a chase or getting lost, James! Four year olds are notoriously scatterbrained when it comes to things like doors--or at least mine were.

indeed!

According to my Dad it was my fault for not having her trained to not walk out of the house.........

118_FacePalm_picard.jpg

I'd like to meet someone that has successfully trained their husky to not walk out of a wide open door to the outside world :P

It's certainly not your fault, James.

I have been teaching Sarah from day one that the human has to go through the door FIRST. She knows to sit and wait until she's told to come. I haven't tried testing her on it, and we haven't had anything juicy like a feral cat wander through the yard to really test her, but so far she consistently waits to allow the human (usually me) to go through the door first. If you haven't been teaching that, I think you might want to. It's great when I have my hands full of stuff and the leash wrapped around my wrist and don't want her bolting out and making me drop stuff.

:rofl: That's hilarious!

My reaction would've been :jawdrop: but then, I'm a girl.

:offtopic:

I figured it out by your answer - thanks! - wasn't sure how to spell it (I'm a terrible speller!) but Spellcheck says it can be either of these: cul-de-sac / cul de sac[

In our vernacular, a cul de sac would be the area at the end of a street with houses spaced around it, normally leaving open spaces between the houses. My impression of your use of a close suggests that there would be no space (or little space) between dwellings. Possibly more like connected several buildings around a common courtyard?

There are just enough words used differently that I sometimes am not quite sure what our friends across the pond are trying to say - I figure if I don't understand, there are likely to be others who don't, either! ;)

Yeh, for the guys who invented the language, they sure speak it funny!