Hello from So Cal

Matthew

Hi, new husky owner, got a copper/white female about 2 months ago, she is now 5 months. She is lots of work but the best dog I have owned so far. I have lots of questions about huskys since I cant seem to find much anywhere else because I believe Huskys are different from most dogs and require things to be done different, well here are some pics of my lil girl(for now lol)

post-5506-13585975993714_thumb.jpg

post-5506-13585975995416_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh - I love her already! :wub:

I see from the pictures you have a cat? That might be a problem in the future - even though she may be fine with the cat now, her prey drive will eventually kick in and she'll try to kill the cat. And that's not good.

But yes - WE WANT MORE PICTURES!

(And welcome to the forum by the way. I hope you learn lots!)

uh huh, she has been around the cat since shes been home with us, she used to chase the cat but now they are best buds, is there no training or anything I can do to keep her from attacking the cat later? The cat is my wifes so I dont think I can get rid of it.

Hi Matthew, welcome to the forum. Your little girl is beautiful. Love the photos - especially the one in the bath, she doesn't to be too pleased with you :rolleyes: Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, there is always someone around to try and help.

Howdy mate and welcome to the absolute best Husky forum around!

There isn't anything cuter that a wet husky pup and the look he's giving you is absolutely priceless. "First you get me all wet and now you make me sit here while you take pictures of me like *this*?????"

Check the threads on cats, some dogs do fine others find the kitty's make an irresistible lunch ... I don't have any so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut (for once)!

PS I love the layout of the forum and how everything just "flows"

Yes, it is a great forum and we loooove it. Marc our Admin, and Jos (BlueWolf) our Tech wizard, work very hard at keeping the forum moving forward with new and exciting ideas. They put a lot of thought and hard work into writing new software for the forum and we love it.

Navi love the name such a pretty girl :wub: welcome to the pack. We have 5 outside cats and our husky but he is never off lead around them. He will sniff them when calm but tries to chase when they run, which we don't allow. I will never trust Kuma around the cats because I know how much of a prey drive huskies have. One ran inside yesterday and he went straight for it and mouthed it, could have been worse had I not been around. Just never get a false since of security and 100% trust your girl with the cat. I wouldn't let her chase or even play with the cat. I would encourage as much calm behavior as possible when around the cat and lots of supervised socialization while she is a puppy. Even then I wouldn't leave them alone together. I've heard lots of stories about huskies and cats living together peacefully for a long time then one day the husky kills the cat. Not trying to scare you but just want you to be aware so that the cat stays safe. Hope that helps some. Good luck with your beautiful girl :D

Hello Matthew and the very gorgeous Navi:heartbeat:

welcome to the forum,we are one big family here so you should just slot right in!

i adore the reds,they are so gorgeous and just slightly more rare around my parts anyway!

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum. Huskies and cats? They can be an issue. My advice would be to not let the two be alone. Since they seem to get along fine now, it may not be a problem, but to be safe, keep them separate whenever no one is around.

:welcome:

:wave: Hi Matthew! You're absolutely correct--Siberians are very different from other breeds and I salute you for recognizing it! There are lots of people here with extensive experience and a desire to help. And of course, we all love to hear about one another's husky high jinks.

Love your girl--she's beautiful! :welcome5: to the Redhead club! How in the world did you get her to sit still long enough to take a pic? My girl despises baths and is outta there the millisecond she has a chance.

Welcome Matthew and Navi.

Hope you find all the info you need.

If we can be of any help just shout. :)