Help He wont poop!

Ok Calvin got neutered yesterday and one of his balls wasn't dropped so they had to do extra surgery to go looking for the second one. Well now he is in a cone (not sure if he'd be in one if he didn't have extra surgery).

Anyways Calvin peed himself last night which is no problem I figured he would but now he wont poop. He has been doing his "I have to poop whine" since last night but every time we take him out he just lays down. Should I just let him poop when he wants, where ever that is and just ignore the whining or should I be worried?

*Side Note*

Never have an interview scheduled the day after your dog has surgery you will get no sleep and stress all day.

def call your vets! just incase

good luck

if he wont walk and you're really that worried id just let him go anywhere just to get him to go

also instead of using the cone there are bad tasting sprays you can buy to stop them licking bellas been desexed, microchipped, tore the pad out of her foot all she was supposed to wear cones and we have only every had to use one once till we found the spray

hope it all goes well

It might be because of the more invasive nature of the surgery, but likely it's just that a) he was fasted for a while so that he would be empty for surgery, and B) a certain amount of constipation - some drugs can dry them out a little. He may also not want to 'go' because of the e-collar, or if he isn't used to pooing while on leash, that could be a problem, as well. If you can easily take the collar off while you're directly watching him, go ahead and see if that helps - and if you have a fenced yard and were walking him on leash there, try letting him loose and seeing about that helping, too!

Hope that everything comes out all right soon! :P

I would check with the vet, but that's a fairly invasive surgery.

It may hurt him to try to go (using the muscles in that area and all). Consider a stool softener, that might make it easier for him.

Also, is he used to poo-ing off lead? Ryn just got out of the hospital, released early cause she wouldn't poo for them on lead. It was the first thing she did when she got home.

Well called the vet and they lady just told me he would go eventually.....not really that helpful but ok. I may call again tomorrow because I overheard her saying somebody would be there Saturday. We dont have a fenced in yard so we always have to take him out on a leash. Thinking about it Im betting he wont go because he didnt eat at all Thursday due to surgery, he ate a bit this morning and Im sure it would hurt him to go.

Oh and we did try to take the collar off him to try to get him to go but all he did was flop down and try to get a lick in. Its funny watching him twist his body trying to get a lick but all he can really get is his tail lol.

Any suggestions on a stool softener? If he hasnt gone by Monday I will def start to worry.