FAQ thread?

Removed #1

Is there a FAQ thread somewhere with topics that frequently come up already linked to other relevant threads? I don't know if that makes sense...I see lots of stickies and such but not just one thread of FAQ's...

It'd be like

Thinking of getting a puppy?

link here

link here

link here

Crate Training Help

link here

link here

link here

Dangerous Food

link here

link here

link here

Heat Stroke

link here

Feeding

link here

link here

The search option is great, but some of the newer members with the most questions aren't always familiar enough with the way things are to find it right away, and even then they don't always know what it is they're looking for...just a thought

I proposed something similar about 6 months ago.

Marc (Admin) explained he wasn't in favour of the idea because,. . .

One of the GREAT things about the forum is the chance for members to HELP other members

By giving THEIR advice based on their own experience. And so the person asking would get a range of answers

from all types of Husky owners. The person asking can then make up their own mind which advice to take

based on the general consensus.

By Having a FAQ section for raising your Husky or dealing with common Husky issues

the Forum (in the FAQ) would then be saying THIS is the only and correct way to

deal with this problem. If something then happened badly as a result of taking this ONE piece of advice

then it might reflect badly on the forum.

See I was thinking of a link to other relevant threads not a final definitive answer or stance taken by the forum...but if the convo has already been had and hashed my bad for not seeing it before I put this up. No worries at all!!!

That's ok it was a good idea, keep thinking about how we can improve things. Good job. :)

That's ok it was a good idea, keep thinking about how we can improve things. Good job. :)

Actually, Andy, I like this idea. Unlike the FAQ where there are questions asked and answers given (thus leading to to idea that "this" is the accepted way) creating a FAQ which links to the original threads would entice the new user to look into the FAQ's and then be directed into the forum for the answers. While it would be "a bit" of work to set up and maintain, it would also give the best of both worlds.

Actually, Andy, I like this idea. Unlike the FAQ where there are questions asked and answers given (thus leading to to idea that "this" is the accepted way) creating a FAQ which links to the original threads would entice the new user to look into the FAQ's and then be directed into the forum for the answers. While it would be "a bit" of work to set up and maintain, it would also give the best of both worlds.

I shall point Marc and Jos at your comment and see if it's feasible. :)