Proud Mum.....

Liz Jones

Know this isn't husky related but thought you guys might smile at our mad day we had yesterday :P

Friday 15th July was a day marked in my calander for some time. My son's Graduation Day and his birthday. Such a proud day as he is my first to graduate. Managed to get the time off work as well yipee.

Both my son and daughter thought it would be a good idea to go out drinking into town, I had been working late until 9am so didn't know or I would have given them a piece of my mind. Drinking before such an important day! Well Richard, my son, rolled in around 4.15am didn't look too worse for wear and carrying a McDonald meal. Megan, my daughter, rolled in a little later around 5.30 am again not too worse for wear carrying her shoes. :D Here was me thinking wow i've got sensible kids :confused:

It all started when i thought "Yes a lie in!" His graduation wasn't until 1pm so didn't need to start getting ready until around 10.30am. The mobile started at around 7am wishing Richard a happy birthday and graduation day. So in the end decided i might as well get up. Then at around 8am my daughter sent me a text asking "was I up?????" thinking what's she doing that for.. I texted back "yes why". back comes " can you come here then!" Well you can guess what i was thinking....

But i'd never guessed the correct thing.. In i walks and she says "mum i fell over on the cobbles coming out of the pub!" Boy her ankle is soooo huge and bruised!! she can't put any weight on it! I managed to get her downstairs among lots of tears and sat her on the couch with some pillows and ice. Of course the dogs are there wondering what's going on and thinking ice i can eat that!

Not got any time to take her anywhere as we will be late! :eek: Richard then proceeds to get up out of bed and throw up! Meg said she met him and he was well gone :eek: OMG he's got only 3 hours before we set off and get his robes!!! Runs out to shops gets him some Lucozade! Gives Megs some painkillers and phones my other son Sam to come home and watch her while we are at the graduation.

Gets dressed in among Richard sitting on the end of the bed with his head in his hands, will they never learn :duh: Dogs going mad as they know something is up. Manage to get everyone in the car, and leave Meg in the hands of Sam.

Graduation was wonderful, lots of pics and weather was beautifully sunny. Graduation starts at 1pm, Richard did me proud. It's in the Anglican Cathedral in Liverpool. He didn't faint or vomit when receiving his scroll. :woohoo:

Everyone was going out for meals! Richard just wanted to get back to bed, so home and then onto hospital with daughter. Felt so guilty having to leave her:cry1::cry1:. At least it's not broke just badley sprained so she's on crutches now!

What a day!!!! Won't forget that on in a hurry :huskyfall:

LMAO "Kids". . .

they never do anything 'Stoopid at a sensible time' . . . Do they ??

Congrats on your son Graduating.

:wave1:

What lovely pictures, my eldest didn't go to his graduation as he went off to the States for 3 months so I missed out on all of this. You definitely can't tell that your son had a hangover that morning or that you have been having one of those days.

Congratulations to you all!

Some more pics[ATTACH=full]14664[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]14665[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]14666[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]14667[/ATTACH] !

Gosh he does so look like one of the Weasley's from Harry Potter!!!

I had to laugh - I looked at the last picture and though "Harry Potter"! The young man to the far right reminds me of Neville, too!