Grrr pet shops!!!

<3Jess<3

The pet shop is selling Husky puppies...$1400 dollars each advertised as 'great family pets' All you have to do is say you want one pay them the money and thats it you can take them home!!! No checks no nothing...

Slightly grr bit more then slightly annoyed...No wonder all the shelters near me have 5-6 or more huskys or husky x in them at the moment

Oh, dear. So glad you can't buy puppies here in the UK from pet shops.

Oh, dear. So glad you can't buy puppies here in the UK from pet shops.

Unfortunately you can back in January I was getting some bird seed from a pet supplier and they had staffies and huskies for sale non had papers. I was looking for a husky at the time and the pups were gorgeous but I deliberately walked away as I wanted a rehome/rescue dog. It was tough as I felt so sorry for them. Today whilst dog walking in the park out of 8 dogs only 1 was a first home owned dog. There were 3 huskies and all were rehome or rescue dogs. I want to get another husky and again although I would love to have a pup I am going for a rehome or rescue dog.

that's terrible :( too bad here in Indo petshops are more popular than breeders O_O animal welfare is not really important here in my country and that's why nobody cares about a puppy's future =( Oh but at least *I* do! >.< I always say that buying puppies from shops are cruel, and that's why most other dog owners think I'm weird :confused:

No you're not and by saying what you do hopefully you are educating people in how important animal welfare is and that dogs should not be bought from pet shops. Keep up the good work.

thanks :D being the only one that realize how important animal welfare is make me like a real weirdo LOL x)

"No doggies from petshop, all doggies should be neutered, what? You sure?" is a common conversation between me and other dog owners =\

thanks :D being the only one that realize how important animal welfare is make me like a real weirdo LOL x)

"No doggies from petshop, all doggies should be neutered, what? You sure?" is a common conversation between me and other dog owners =\

lol well hopefully you can educate them in the right way and better way for our furbabies

Where I live, in the metro area, we used to have quite a few pet stores at one time. All had puppies and kittens. Now, it seems as though there is only one store with two locations, that sell puppies. They don't always have puppies, and when they do, they are generally all litter mates, and normally from a BYB. I don't patronize the store, just pick up bits of information from those who do.

Where I live, in the metro area, we used to have quite a few pet stores at one time. All had puppies and kittens. Now, it seems as though there is only one store with two locations, that sell puppies. They don't always have puppies, and when they do, they are generally all litter mates, and normally from a BYB. I don't patronize the store, just pick up bits of information from those who do.

yeah its pretty bad i think all the litters at the pet shops are from BYB it's horrible...and the fact that they provide barely any info on the breeds is horrible =(

In the pet shops around here, they don't sell puppies anymore because of the puppy mills. (Most puppies in pet stores come from mills, FYI, atleast around here they did.)

Even so, I see at least 1 husky come in a week at the shelter or husky x. It's really sad cause there were husky x puppies that were SO cute that were adopted right away...but they were found at the side of the road. :(

At least the shelter I volunteer at actually discourages people from getting huskies. When I adopted Suka, they didn't do a check, but they informed us about the breed (but I already knew everything) and they made us think on it for a few days before allowing us to adopt him.