glad my lil bro was home today

BingBlaze n Skyla

skyla decided it would be a good idea to try n eat her collar - so got it stuck round her neck n in her mouth - she destroyed the clasp so much i couldnt even unclip it - luckily my lil bro stayed home today - as me , my mum , dad n other lil bro went to my nans n he stayed home - he heard her making a racket n went n saved her - so no more collars when we go out anymore - scary

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep they do get themselves in a pickle.

When she was a pup Daughtry got her paw, then leg through her collar

and was whinging and crying like she was being eaten alive by ants. :(

Good on yer little Bro' for sorting her out. :)

That was lucky Nix. None of ours wear collars due to a very unfortunate incident my mother had with one of her dogs Damien. He is no longer with us and the only good thing that came out of it is we no longer leave ours collared such a pity though :(

im sorry to hear that :(

He was such a lovely dog too :( Its sooo lucky your bro found Skyla, I would hate for anyone else to go through it :( People think I am mad when I suggest to them the downside of collar wearing :(

tbh i never thought wearing a collar could be dangerous - they deffo wont be wearing collars from now on tho unless we are in

Glad she is ok, My dog I had before (Max), once was laying on the floor top of a air vent, he liked doing that from the cold a/c coming out of it, one day seen him get up and the vent was hanging off his neck, his tags had gone thru the vent and turned just right, he looked so sad but yet so funny with this large vent hanging off his collar, he had a look like, OMG help me !!!!! so now I remove the collar from Juno so she dont have any problems when I'm not around.

My mother was lucky she didnt lose the 2 dogs. What happened was Tala and Damien were playing up the garden. Which is a 1/3 of an acre so to see whats going on up there is impossible. Tala got her muzzle trapped in the collar, twisted it round and round trying to get lose. In the process of doing so wrapped it round and round her muzzle in the process of strangling and breaking the neck of her brother :( When they were found she was still attached to her brother. Lucky the both of them werent lost but mjust of been so traumatizing for her :(

My mother was lucky she didnt lose the 2 dogs. What happened was Tala and Damien were playing up the garden. Which is a 1/3 of an acre so to see whats going on up there is impossible. Tala got her muzzle trapped in the collar, twisted it round and round trying to get lose. In the process of doing so wrapped it round and round her muzzle in the process of strangling and breaking the neck of her brother :( When they were found she was still attached to her brother. Lucky the both of them werent lost but mjust of been so traumatizing for her :(

:omg::cry1::cry1::cry1:

So sorry to hear that, must have been awful.

Nix, glad your girl was ok, lucky indeed!

so glad Skyla is ok

i always leave collars on mine incase i ever need to grab them if they ever bolted for the door

its never happened yet because we are careful and make sure they are behind the gate,but i always think there could be that one chance

so glad Skyla is ok

i always leave collars on mine incase i ever need to grab them if they ever bolted for the door

its never happened yet because we are careful and make sure they are behind the gate,but i always think there could be that one chance

i know what u mean - mine will always have collars on them - but not when we go out anymore - specially skyla - bings will be fine n i think blaze will to - skyla is just too much of a pain for her own good

omg thanks for sharing this, Nix! I often leave Diamond collared because if by any chance he decided it's a good time to escape I have something to grab =\ But now I'm glad I decided that it is weird for him to wear his collar even if he's not going out for a walk =P Will be extra scary if he eats his collar! :yikes:

omg how awful. Mine wear collars but thats because our garden isnt 100% secure and I dont want to loose them especially as vets arent scanning much for chips lately.

Awww glad she is ok and your brother heard her. All mine wear collars incase they get out so I can grab them when hollie escaped and got out of her collar the police found her but couldn't grab her as she didn't have a collar on. I'm lucky none of mine try to it and when they pull on it it just loosens it. Shadow1 sorry to hear about your mums dog