Mishka's growth

brian brown

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YAY for Titch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am soooooooooooo having a westie when i get my own place!!! lol imma teach it not to bark tho - hate lil dog barks haha

yeh deffo agouti

My g'friend will be happy with that :yahoo:

You've got NO chance of stopping it barking lol, Titch is nicknamed 'Doodles' by me. Short for - Yapsy Dapsy Doodles! She growls & barks/yaps at anything & everything bless her lol

Ye thats agouti ^.^ its an amazing color combo <3 Puppys change their color alot Marius is registered as a silver but hes got a kinda or tanish color in his fur right now and silver is only supposed to have light grey or silver...it might grow out of his fur it might not ...I hope not :P

Thanks for that, I had wondered if she was Agouti but read that they aren't a colour found in the UK, only the US?! Obviously not :)

She blends into the countryside sooooooo well, hard to see her sometimes!! lol

My g'friend will be happy with that :yahoo:

You've got NO chance of stopping it barking lol, Titch is nicknamed 'Doodles' by me. Short for - Yapsy Dapsy Doodles! She growls & barks/yaps at anything & everything bless her lol

Thanks for that, I had wondered if she was Agouti but read that they aren't a colour found in the UK, only the US?! Obviously not :)

She blends into the countryside sooooooo well, hard to see her sometimes!! lol

i wonder if theres a way to get a dog like a westie that doesnt bark ............. ooh found 1 LOL http://www.amazon.co.uk/WESTIE-DOG-SOFT-25CM-DOUGAL/dp/B003EGG6CS/ref=sr_1_24?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1310926992&sr=1-24

a few pups in blazes litter were agouti

Oh Ive never heard that :confused: if you you have a rare puppy ! yayyy :yahoo:

Taken from : http://hubpages.com/hub/Colors-of-Siberian-Huskies

"Agouti colored Siberians are equally rare. It is also called "wild coloring". Agouti siberians usually have special masks and markings. White markings are always cream. The mask is always dark, very heavy. (Dirty faced). Pigment extends far down on the dog's body. No dilution is present. Undercoat of agouti Siberians is charcoal. The outer coat can be a mixture of black, tan, red, or grey. The usual coloring is black on the root and tip of the hair, with red or tan in the middle. Points are black. Sometimes mistaken for sable or wolf grey. An agouti Siberian should look almost exactly like a wolf in coloring."

http://huskycolors.com/colors.html#cat1

From here : http://www.vargevass.com/websiberian/engels/breed/colors.html#

She seems to fit the description of 'wolf grey'? (apart from the mask)

"The outercoat is yellow/brownish colore, starting at the root of the hair, and ending in a black tip. Casts of beige, tan, yellow or red behind the ears, on the hindquarters and in the saddle area.

The undercoat is beige"

Think I've found what she is!!! Wolf Grey, see here: http://siberianhuskies.jimdo.com/types-of-huskies/coat-colours-type/

This one even has a similar mask to Mishkas!

post-3916-13585976923508_thumb.jpg

I dunno wolf greys tend to have more greyishness then mostly black Im going by blended fur colors not so much just by pictures :P wolf grey and agouti are pretty close tho

"A warm shade of grey with casts of beige, tan, yellow or red behind the ears, above the hocks and in the saddle area. The undercoat is beige.

A wolfish mask is NOT part of the requirements for this category. Wolf grey Siberians often have very wolfish masks, but may have open white faces too.

The key factor is the yellow or red areas on the dogs body."

"This is a very rare coloring, more often found in racing/working lines rather than conformation/show lines. There is often a brindle look to the coat because individual hairs are banded with multiple colors. The coloring extends far down the legs and the faces are darker than normal. The lighter markings are cream instead of the more common bright white of the traditional "Irish coat" Siberian husky. A black tipped tail is common for an agouti."

http://www.huskycolors.com/colors.html

What do you think Nix? Agouti or Wolf Grey?

"Agouti colored Siberians are equally rare. It is also called "wild coloring". Agouti siberians usually have special masks and markings. White markings are always cream. The mask is always dark, very heavy. (Dirty faced). Pigment extends far down on the dog's body. No dilution is present. Undercoat of agouti Siberians is charcoal. The outer coat can be a mixture of black, tan, red, or grey. The usual coloring is black on the root and tip of the hair, with red or tan in the middle. Points are black. Sometimes mistaken for sable or wolf grey. An agouti Siberian should look almost exactly like a wolf in coloring."

She has white & yellow/cream

She seems to have a creamy undercoat

"The outercoat is yellow/brownish colore, starting at the root of the hair, and ending in a black tip. Casts of beige, tan, yellow or red behind the ears, on the hindquarters and in the saddle area.

The undercoat is beige"

Check

Check

Check

Check

Check

Editted to add: her breeder used to race Siberians, they weren't bred for show (although I'm not sure if he used to show them too?)

post-3916-13585976930895_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13585976932563_thumb.jpg

What do you think Nix? Agouti or Wolf Grey?

She has white & yellow/cream

She seems to have a creamy undercoat

The undercoat is beige"

Check

Check

Check

Check

Check

Editted to add: her breeder used to race Siberians, they weren't bred for show (although I'm not sure if he used to show them too?)

Does have the tan behind the ears like a wolf grey but the way the hairs look its looks agouti. I dunno checdk out the indvidual hairs see if they are banded o.O

Does have the tan behind the ears like a wolf grey but the way the hairs look its looks agouti. I dunno checdk out the indvidual hairs see if they are banded :confused:

She seems to have dark roots, beige/tan undercoat & black tips (hind quarters too)

She's pure white where she's white - not cream

Tan on her head & around her eyes.

HELP?! lol

Here's a really good picture that shows her 'tan' undercoat from the side

post-7174-13586079397556_thumb.jpg

post-3916-13585976936882_thumb.jpg

She seems to have dark roots, beige/tan undercoat & black tips (hind quarters too)

She's pure white where she's white - not cream

Tan on her head & around her eyes.

HELP?! lol

Here's a really good picture that shows her 'tan' undercoat from the side

Hmm its alot of black and the brownish ...hmmmm O_O