Troika: The Fixer-Upper Pupper. PICS.

Kayote

Yeah, he'll be probably given half a tablet, due to his weight. :/ When we groom dogs, sometimes we have to "ace" them to calm them down, and we get 10lbs dogs that don't ever go out even when we give half a tablet. It's crazy! But I am assuming they want to start with a tiny dose. LOL We'll see how that goes.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! And you shall receive! I gave him a bath today in his KetoChlor to make sure the infection(s) on his skin don't get worse/start up. :D Needless to say, he was NO BUENO about the situation. He whined and bucked and whinnied, but whatever. LOL

Also, before I get into pics, he knows to hold his potty until he gets outside, does very well with dogs, eats only the higher-quality foods I bring (Acana and the Blue Buffalo) and eats his Satin Bars I made for him to help him gain some weight. He can settle in a crate very well, though not without a few woowoos to tell me how he does not like a situation. HIS SKIN IS HEALING RATHER QUICKLY! I was surprised to see him not as inflamed and red! I am so excited! I can't wait til he fills out and gets a REAL COATTTT!

He is a lover, and will body slam you to get some attention. He has some issue with people poking at his backside, but doesn't try to snap. He just whips around and acts silly. He needs some serious training when it comes to leashes and simple commands. But that will come in time.

ANYWAY, SHUT UP KAYOTE, POST PICTURES!

BONUS VIDEO!:

th_VID_20110716_163634.jpg

Getting ready:

bathly8.png

Moooom. I want OUTSIDE (His eyes are so pretty):

bathly4.png

"Aw, man. Ugh.":

bathly7.png

"I hate you.":

bathly6.png

"STILL HATING YOU":

bathly5.png

Shake shake shake:

bathly3.png

"I WANT OUT":

bathly2.png

"HNNNNGGG NOW!":

bathly-1.png

Didn't get any after pictures. We had to leave rather quickly. More pics tomorrow!

I am so glad he has found a forever home with you. You can already see the difference between the first pictures of him and the current ones. What are satin bars?

Satin bars are rich in fat and such. Here is the link! A few people use it for their huskies and/or show pups.

http://holisticdog.org/Nutrition/Satinballs/satinballs.html

They are AWESOME. He has already gained 2lbs since Monday. They sure help a lot. Once he gets his weight back to normal, I will stop using them (they are full of grains, which can be a cause for allergies!). He is being fed Acana at the moment. :)

ALSO:

He is HOME! I brought him home to see how well he does. He is doing AMAZING. He has OBVIOUSLY been in a home before. He knows what a couch is, to avoid the trash, has wonderful "dog" manners with my other husky, and ignores my bearded lizard. He is a bully-stick fiend, and is pretty calm. :)

Here is a picture to prove his homecoming!:

ps: the red-eye fixer sucks. :I They both have blue eyes!

mybabies.png

Yes! He is doing awesome!

The only thing I need to work on his night whines in the kennel. :I Living in an apartment with a dog that barks ALL THE TIME beside me, I believe the neighbors have no reason to complain, but it kept me and the boy up for a little bit. He ended up sleeping in the living room while I delt with night-time WOO WOOS. lol

Yes! He is doing awesome!

The only thing I need to work on his night whines in the kennel. :I Living in an apartment with a dog that barks ALL THE TIME beside me, I believe the neighbors have no reason to complain, but it kept me and the boy up for a little bit. He ended up sleeping in the living room while I delt with night-time WOO WOOS. lol

Maybe he was saying his thank you prayers.

So, today, we did some X-rays of his chest.

Someone shot him with a BB gun near his heart.

He also has BBs in his hiney area. :/ Where his testicles could have been.

People make me sick.

Sounds like someone might have taken a shotgun to him from a distance; the ones in the rear shouldn't be too big a problem to either remove or leave in, how about the one near his heart? That's getting into dangerous territory.

I agree, if you're gonna take a gun to one of my dogs, fill it with rock salt or make sure you do the job right! (( But I'd rather that you don't do it at all! ))

Sounds like someone might have taken a shotgun to him from a distance; the ones in the rear shouldn't be too big a problem to either remove or leave in, how about the one near his heart? That's getting into dangerous territory.

I agree, if you're gonna take a gun to one of my dogs, fill it with rock salt or make sure you do the job right! (( But I'd rather that you don't do it at all! ))

They said that the BB was near the heart, but in skin near the heart. We didn't take any real 3D images of the depth of the BB, but my vet didn't seem too worried. She said she had seen worse? So I guess it's good for now? lol

sounds like he is one very lucky dog on two counts 1) those BB's did not cause any lasting damage & should not bother him and 2) you found him & know what to do with him. He does have really sad eyes in the first set of pics, but looks so much happier in the 2nd set, even the sideways glare huskies give when they're really not happy with us!! :P

Well done on taking him on, Celia and giving him the care & love he deserves, it's going to be great watching him transform over the next few months :D

So I wanted to update this! Troy is doing excellent. His meds have only let him have two accidents in the house. But he is eating like a horse, and drinking wells of water. ;S I can't wait for the steriods to stop. He starts his treatment next Friday. He has gained a whopping 3lbs in one week! That is honestly a LOT for this guy. His satin bars ran out as he eats them like crazy too.

His skin is so much better. It's not red, but now a lightish pink. Not a healthy-ish pink, but it's getting there! I wish some muscle mass would come in, but I really can't exercise him until after this treatment. His legs are all skinny, and so is his backside, but his tummy is all full. It looks like a hyena: Ugh. Sucks. He gets along with my other husky JUST fine. I am actually surprised and shocked. I have flashbacks of a husky pup that I rescued early this year in February, and how I had to return it because it was trying to rip my other husky apart. This guy is pretty chill!

So, I will shut up now and here are some pics from this morning!:

Food? This that camera food?!:

awsleep.png

No? Okay. Whatever. Goodnight:

awsleep2.png

Here are some Xrays I got of his BBs. :/

IMG_20110719_100215.png

IMG_20110719_100205.png

They have him on some steriods right now and he is so sleepy. :C

I ended up taking up the water after four or five bowls of water. He decided the kitchen was good enough to sleep in:

Those have to be shotgun pellets. I can't imagine a BB gun would puncture that much skin and muscle.

Poor guy. I'm so glad he found you!