Troika: The Fixer-Upper Pupper. PICS.

Kayote

<< snipped >> I wish some muscle mass would come in, but I really can't exercise him until after this treatment. His legs are all skinny, and so is his backside, but his tummy is all full.

<< snipped some more >>

This guy is pretty chill!

<< and a little more >>

This begs the question, Misty, like most Huskies is on the skinny side - her ribs are well muscled and her legs are in better shape than mine are ... but if I run my hand down her back, from neck to tail, it's like there's no meat there! Is this normal??

Celia, you done good, this boy looks better every time you put up a picture of him ... you know you could put some up more often, don't ya?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys! I am so glad he entered my life. He changes every day!

He has no muscle mass, in that you can feel no muscle. It's just bone. But his tummy is huge with food, so it looks silly. LOL

hyena1.jpg

Like that, but the legs aren't full. Just boney. LOL I call him my hyena dog.

Troy went in today for his first heartworm treatment. My heart feels sad, because all day at work, I watched his face turn from " :D " to " :C " and he grew...sleepy. Unresponsive. They had to give him some fluids and something else :S but he is doing fine now.

He has to stay there overnight, and my heart is panicking. :C Ugh.

Just doing some research: obviously Immiticide is being used <??>; 2 or 3 shot protocol?

He's looking good in the past pictures so his health should hold - but I've seen one dog go through treatment and man it really looks bad for them while in treatment. Keep calm and keep him calm and prayers that everything goes well.

He is handling it very well. He is getting immiticide 2 shot protocol. Oi!

Keeping him quiet is very hard. Crating him, he gets antsy. We let him out for a bit to lounge on the couch. NOPE. He was up all night, pacing. We are going to have to use Ace. He is such a happy baby, he loves to play and get very excited. :C Which is fine and dandy any other day, but with his uh, condition, that is not going to work LOL