Such generosity!

26nikita

My sister won't let me tell anyone so I am telling you all since none of you know my sister. :) I have been having a pretty bad year financially. Christmas I fell and broke my arm and wrist. Splintered it pretty badly and had to have surgery to put my hand back in place. Because I had it happen a week before the new year, my out-of-pocket limit started all over again when I had to go back for follow up visits. Let's just say this doubled what I would have paid if it all happened in the same calendar year. I am still paying on it. Over the last 6 months, my washer, dryer, stove and air conditioner have all broken down as well. The only thing I have managed to get fixed is the air conditioner and that's only temporary. To top off all that, I have been struggling emotionally with Dakota and his health issues. I've been crying on my sisters shoulder when Dakota has had a bad day and I guess my sister felt so bad for me that her and her husband went out and bought me a brand new washer and dryer! I was speechless! I told her I would pay her back as soon as I got some money saved and she told me no, that it was gift and I was to accept it and be happy. Well...and to not tell anyone. :) I don't know how, but I will pay this forward in the near future.

It's great when families support each other. :clap:

Get her a Husky puppy for Xmas. To say thank you.

I'm sure she has a perfect house that's just asking to be destroyed. :)

I think you should focus on yourself and when your sister sees you back on top of your own finances and life in general then that will be reward enough for her. They wouldn't have bought it for you if they didn't want to. You may be able to repay them in other ways in the future without worrying just now about how to repay the money.

@Andy, she does have the perfect house for a husky pup to destroy but I'm afraid she would have a heart attack if I did that. She is very OCD with cleaning and she would not handle it well. She purposely got a dog that dosn't shed, who unforutanetly does not like other dogs. :(

@stormchaser09 I agree with you, it's just hard to not feel like I need to do something back. But I do know I will have my opportunity someday.

what a big heart she has (sounds like it runs in the family) - you are lucky to have family around you to look out for you, I'm sure you are fully aware of that. All too often we hear of family feuds, so it's lovely to hear nice stories. I'm sure you will get your chance to thank your sister, maybe not in the monetary sense, but something will come up to repay her kindness, xx

What goes around comes around -- I know you on this forum only as the person who VOLUNTEERED to drive a leg to transport Chukchi. Seems to me you, too, have tremendous generosity, making you truly deserving of this little leg-up from your sister in your time of need. I have no doubt that you'll pay it forward when you are able, if you haven't done so already.

Here's to looking forward to a brighter rest of the year for you! :)

Thank you everyone! You are all so nice! I do have a wonderful family. Don't get me wrong, we do have our issues, but we also have each others back as well. Despite all the bad things that have happened this year, I am still very blessed! I have a good job, great family and it's not like I can't afford to replace these items, it's just going to take me a year or two. Well, now only a year thanks to my sis!;)

its refreshing to hear that family values are still alive and kicking.

your sister and her hubby have done what they wanted to do....because they can:)

and they know had the boot been on the other foot you probably wouldn't hesitate.

accept the gifts graciously and smile knowing you are loved:D

''shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth''

a very old saying!!:)