A Little Howl-O From Us! (Beware, I Rant!)

Dalibar

Oh-ho ho ho, 'Howl-O'. See what I did thar? I'm so punny. :rolleyes:

I thought it would be fitting to join this forum since I found it while looking for my new husky puppy!

Let me introduce myself and my pups to you! You can call me T. I am, like everyone else here, a big fan of Siberian Husky dogs and I adopted my first pup in the summer of 2009 from a rescue in VA. A Husky/Shepherd mix. He was a god send. I named him Daemian and he was very well trained and a loving dog, and also my best friend.

On June, 30th, 2011, he and his brother ran out of the house and were hit by an oncoming car. Daemian died on the spot but his brother, Severus, was still alive. I wasn't there when it happened, but it looked as if Sevvy was trying to run back home for help, but couldn't walk past a few feet of his brother before he collapsed; he was panting hard and couldn't stand. I picked him up into the car and we rushed him to the vet where we found out his ribs were broken and punctured his lungs. He was drowning in his own blood. They gave him pain killers, but were unable to do anything else. He couldn't breath.

He was put to sleep just before his lungs filled up with blood.

It was hard to stay at home, so I went to a friends for a few days. I kept expecting my mother to call saying that Daemian woke up. I felt so alone for the next two weeks and cried every day, and decided to adopt another puppy. I was online for days looking for the right dog....but I felt none could make me happy like Daemian did; that was, until I found Ravenwood's site. I instantly fell in love with an adorable sable bi-eyed pup who was only three hours away. I called the breeder right away and she said he was still available.

The next day we drove to PA and got this little bundle of fur, you can't even call him a dog! He is amazing and is adjusting well. This little pup saved me, I don't know what I would have done without him. Every time I look at him I can't help but smile. The little thing has such endearing traits. He even loves water so much he will jump in the shower with me! What a cutie~ I'm still trying to name him, too. I have quite a long list: Valko Valkoinen, Dalek Skaro, Ulfednar, Fenrisulfr (Fenris/Fenrir for short), and I am working up a list of Tolkien names as well! For now, I think Fenris is sticking but we will see :>

So I guess that's it for my rant! He finally stopped whining in his kennel so I believe its time for me to get some sleep.

But, before I depart, I would like to force upon you pictures of my beautiful babies!

Here is my beloved Daemian :rip: He loved the beach when we took a trip to Chincoteague.

enjoying_time_by_deeplydementddalibar-d3gmutu.jpg

And my new rolly-polly fuzz ball!

they_see_me_swingin___by_deeplydementddalibar-d3xj0pn.jpg

The next is a video and it comes with a warning: Caution, may cause dizziness, heartache, blurred vision, cute cancer, and could cause involuntary "awww"-ing and squealing sounds. Do not operate heavy machinery while watching this video. Please contact your doctor if your heart esplodeses.

Sn7ngFVMocA

Hello T and welcome

congrats on your new pup,i hope he helps you with your grief

he is absolutely gorgeous:heartbeat:

take comfort in knowing Daemian and Sevvy are now running together free from pain over rainbow bridge:rip:

Hi and welcome to the pack, sorry to hear about the lose of your dogs but glad you have a new furbaby to help you through no one will replace your other 2 but if he gives you half as much love you will be happy

oh no that's a sad story, can't imagine how you walk through the sadness :( for being able to overcome your loneliness, I dare to assume you are one tough person to beat :) Thank Daemian for teaching you about strength by keeping that newly-found strength of yours in heart ;)

Anyway I think Fenrir/Fenris is an awesome name :D I vote for Fenrir tho, coz Fenris sound a bit hard to pronounce LOL anyway welcome to the pack, be glad that you joined the biggest and the most addictive husky owners website in the internet world :D

Welcome T and Fenris :welcome5:

A new Pup.

A fresh start.

and over 4000 new friends to share it with.

:welcome:

Hiya, T, welcome to the mad house - I get the feeling you're gonna fit right in here!! :P

What a heart-breaking story, Daemian will never be forgotten, please feel free to leave as many pics & tributes to him in our Rainbow Bridge section.

But what a sweetie you have on your hands now! That swing video is just great! He looks like he could just fall asleep in there!! :D

Howdy T, Welcome to the best Husky Forum going!! Fenris, I Like that - but the eldest child of Loki, do yo really want to give your pup ideas?? :)

I'd be a basket case if something like what happened to your two were to happen to me. So sad to even think about it - but I also think little Fenris will find that special place in your heart, if he hasn't already!

• 4 weeks later...