has anyone ever seen a TRUE miniature sibe

ivey

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Continental Kennel Club is a bit like Dog Lovers Registration over here - not worth the paper it's written on.

I've only ever seen one genuine miniature husky, and that was a little girl who suffered serious digestive tract problems when she was a baby puppy. As a result she never grew to full size and the vets didn't expect her to live past three months. She's almost five years old now and still going strong despite occasional health problems - though tiny!

Like someone said earlier, there are Siberians that are larger than the standard (a lot of them). So, it only makes sense that there are quite a few smaller than the standard as well. The mini-Siberians, however, are the result of disreputable breeders in the US.

never heard of them, but you can't really say she's a miniture husky just because she's small.... she is aparently a normal AKC husky who happens to be small.

so in that case can you not call a teacup chihuahua a teacup but rather a small chihuahua

at the end of the day they're just tiny often more sickly huskies that people have breed to 'make' a new breed.... although they're not registered with any breed clubs so essential its like designer dogs, tiny teacup breeds, they're not true breeds, they are dodgey dogs bred together FOR LOOKS and not health or temperament, which is why most of these kind of breeds if not all will never be true breeds or recognised by any reputable breed organisation. :)

at the end of the day they're just tiny often more sickly huskies that people have breed to 'make' a new breed.... although they're not registered with any breed clubs so essential its like designer dogs, tiny teacup breeds, they're not true breeds, they are dodgey dogs bred together FOR LOOKS and not health or temperament, which is why most of these kind of breeds if not all will never be true breeds or recognised by any reputable breed organisation. :)

noooo these are just very small huskies for w/e reason, well in the case of the OP at least, basically a dwarf husky, not Alaskan Klee Kleis which have been bred specifically to make mini huskies.

no not dwarfed... its like in humans you have really short people and average size people and tall people that are all not considered dwarfs. just as there are medical reasons that a human is classified the are reasons that animals are classified. she is SHORT and last time that i checked there was no health risks for being short.

no not dwarfed... its like in humans you have really short people and average size people and tall people that are all not considered dwarfs. just as there are medical reasons that a human is classified the are reasons that animals are classified. she is SHORT and last time that i checked there was no health risks for being short.

god i hope not or im screwed! :rofl:

• 5 months later...

Although these dogs probably shouldn't be coined as "miniature huskies", huskies do come in small sizes. They are NOT Alaskan Klee Kais. I live in Toronto and I've seen at least three of them on different occasions. Whenever I came across one, I couldn't believe how small they were (they stand right above my knee from the top of the head). Every time I asked the owners if their dog was a cross breed, the owner confirmed that their husky is bred and fully grown. My cousin has a regular sized pure bred Siberian Husky and the ones I've seen were exactly same in petit form, from the ears to the tip of the uncurled tail. They were just a bit slimmer looking. I actually saw another one just last night (damn, I should have taken a picture, but it was too cold and -10 degrees celsius last night in Toronto).

It's funny because "true" husky owners think of this as a myth, like leprechauns and fairies. But if you haven't seen one, how can you believe it, right? I'm assuming that this might be a rare occurrence in litters, or maybe just the runts of the litter, but there is nothing wrong with them and they make beautiful dogs nonetheless! I actually prefer their size. I don't think that there are breeders that breed this size of huskies... but maybe there are. That was something I didn't ask the owners. Dun-dun-duuuuuun! :confused:

there are no such thing as mini huskies IMO =\ there ARE huskies that is in the far end of the breed standard size which makes them incredibly small but they shouldn't be called "mini" for that =\ I remember there's a husky called Eponine (previously Chukchi) here which is always described as VERY small by everyone who saw her. Still, she's a husky. Not a MINI husky =\