Getting a Furbaby.

Boondog

Guys

Flipping great news – got to share it with you

Today I received a statement of intent from her that must be obeyed, that said once summer holidays are completed, we can get a second "Rescue" husky.

I have been badgering her to be honest, relentlessly about needing to get another dog and that it must be rescue one. At first she was all “nah†and since weekends meet-up in Heywood she’s come round to thinking two are better than one. Albeit the one “Pippa†is hers anyway, I wanted a pug (how metro?).

Is there a specific Husky – Yes there is. She is called “Forget Me Notâ€Â, she is 8 years of age, and if she is still available from the SHCGB-Welfare I will go get her. She’s been there a while apparently. I know we can give her a forever home. Now then, bearing in mind this comes off; can a 8+ year old husky run/walk 30 miles a day?

Of course I’m thinking about my fund raising adventure I posted yesterday in the “Walks†Section! I don’t want to over do it? So anyone with lots of scooter/rig experience head over to that section and respond on the plan and share your thoughts

Kind Regards

Boondog

forget me not wont be her real name the shcgb done put the dogs pet name on their sites. I do voluntary work for the husky club , have u had a homecheck yet ?, the club is full @ present good on you for taking on an older rescue sibe as most folk just want the younger ones. The fosterer will tell u all about her & how fit she is . should be ok @ 8 years though to manage a longish walk not sure about 30 miles daily if she isnt used to it though, you may need to build her distance up gradually. xx

Not yet, ive not actually spoke to them yet; I'm going to fill in the online form first for the SHCGB, submit it and get the check completed as per there "online process".

Will be interesting to hear their comments about house, as it was recently a victim in the Irlam Gas blast, because it's only mid terrace house with small yard; it's the land all around we make full use of. ;)

However that said, I'm sure they will be happy to give fair assessment and hopefully in our favour. (crosses fingers)

Do you fundraisers and stuff or checking of suitability?

I attend some fundraisers to help out , do homechecks & dog assessments occasionally, helps to have an escape proof garden as well as other things we check for suitability we dont cover your area only suffolk/cambs/norfolk areas. not sure who it is that covers manchester area as a bit far from us really. Good luck though xx