Break out the fans, the ice, and the kiddie pools...heatwave midwest USA (headed east)

Removed #1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heat Advisory Alert here with temps of 89 degrees(shade) and humidity around 75% at the moment..............it's unbearable and the dogs only run out to pee and right back in........ I wish i was in Germany where they only have temps around the 60's

Whooop! MUCH cooler here today! It's only supposed to get up around 89 or so, I think and was about 70 this morning - we had a thundershower come through and cool things off nicely. I actually have the house opened up to get some fresh air, and the dogs are lying here perfectly happy with the situation...

@foxsfamily as I understand it, when there's a "dome" as there has been (and they can be smaller, from what I've heard at other times when I was concerned about sever weather), it helps keep the air very stable, so that severe weather (severe thunderstorms, high winds, hail, tornadoes and the like) are much less likely to occur.

I dont think any of us should complain. Check this exert i saw on the news

"Across the Midwest, there were jaw-dropping heat indexes - measured as a combination of temperature and humidity. It felt like 131degrees in Knoxville, in central Iowa, and 124 in Freeport, Ill., the Weather Service said"

I live in Indiana 45 minutes south of Michigan, but it sure was hot today, it was supposed to be 98F, however, I'm not sure if it was or not, was working in the creek all day with our pup-the creek feels like a glacier melted into it! Supposed to be even more humid tomorrow-guess that type of work is in order again! How are the rest of you holding up? Whats it like where you are?

It's 86 here in Ohio at 12:39 am and very very humid, my walk with Juno was slow and had water with us, I'd love to just stay at home with the ac on, but she wants her walks in the morning and evening, or I'd pay for it with her crazyness running around the house LOL. and I checked the blacktop parking lot at my work today and it hit 138 in the afternoon sun, toooo hot for me!!!

T89 here at the moment and humidity went down a bit! But......it still is windy! That' s probably because we are right in the Jet stream path!

But last night it was still 91 at 11:30 pm...and more humid, than during the day

*sends some of the wind towards Rochester,IN*

It's finally cooled a bit, here in Iowa - as of yesterday, which was cloudy and rainy most of the day! It's sunny out today, and only supposed to get to around 90! Lovely breeze, too, so hopefully, the improvements will all move eastward soon to relieve all of you!

It's 86 here in Ohio at 12:39 am and very very humid, my walk with Juno was slow and had water with us, I'd love to just stay at home with the ac on, but she wants her walks in the morning and evening, or I'd pay for it with her crazyness running around the house LOL. and I checked the blacktop parking lot at my work today and it hit 138 in the afternoon sun, toooo hot for me!!!

138 is to hot for anything!. Ugh....i like my snowstorms in june :)

Looks like we may have a storm moving in, hope we can get some rain out of this.

Temps dropped to 76f, humidity's up to 67%

PRAY FOR RAIN!

I'm praying - y'all out there really could use some rain! I had 2.5" of the stuff come down here tonight in roughly an hour! We really needed it, though - I have a little bit standing here and there, but mostly it sank in.