Skyla bear looking slim :)

BingBlaze n Skyla

took this pic today n shes looks soooooooo much better than she used to - still got some way to go but dead chuffed shes not a lil barrel anymore - you can see her tuck-up even tho the long fur on her stomach makes it hard to tell n u can see shes more defined in the waist too :)

can still see where she was attacked tho :( fur REALLY needs to grow back

post-8105-13586079969748_thumb.jpg.jpg]

post-95-13585977423543_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She IS looking good, Nix! Hopefully the fur will grow back as her new winter coat comes in...

it helps that shes blowing her coat cuz i can know see her actual size - it used to be hard to feel her ribs n even tho theres still a layer of fat there that shouldnt be its alot easier to feel her ribs now :)

She really is looking good and slim in the waistline from what she was, you posted a month and a half or so ago that she was starting to lose weight-she looks alot more trim now!:goodjob: to you and Skyla! I see she likes to drink just like my boy likes to-just as if the bowl's gonna grow wings and take off on them!

She really is looking good and slim in the waistline from what she was, you posted a month and a half or so ago that she was starting to lose weight-she looks alot more trim now!:goodjob: to you and Skyla! I see she likes to drink just like my boy likes to-just as if the bowl's gonna grow wings and take off on them!

lol yup - and then she will dig in it after

it helps that shes blowing her coat cuz i can know see her actual size - it used to be hard to feel her ribs n even tho theres still a layer of fat there that shouldnt be its alot easier to feel her ribs now :)

My 13 yr old male Red Heeler is losing weight as well, so I know what you mean about feeling their ribs-he just has "old dog hips" now. She'll feel alot better like that now-specially with summer here, may not feel like eating as much. On blowing their coats, I read that bathing them in warm water makes it easier for the hair to fall out, has this been your experience? Mine hasn't blown his yet as he's only 7 months, thats why I'm asking

My 13 yr old male Red Heeler is losing weight as well, so I know what you mean about feeling their ribs-he just has "old dog hips" now. She'll feel alot better like that now-specially with summer here, may not feel like eating as much. On blowing their coats, I read that bathing them in warm water makes it easier for the hair to fall out, has this been your experience? Mine hasn't blown his yet as he's only 7 months, thats why I'm asking

yeh deffinately - even just getting them wet seems to help - when i play with blaze with the hose after hes all dried up his fur is much looser

That does make it SO much easier! Good job!

Skyla's looking real good Nix. :up: It usually takes several months for their fur to grow back over a shaved area. The spot on Eisa's face that was shaved back in April is just now starting to look normal and that was a very small area compared to Skyla.:D

its been 7 months today since she got attacked :( but im hoping once her coat starts coming back thru that will sort it

its been 7 months today since she got attacked :( but im hoping once her coat starts coming back thru that will sort it

It doesn't help that she's been blowing and losing her hair right now either...her coat in that area is pretty thick. The new winter growth should fill it in nicely though....give it time. :D

It doesn't help that she's been blowing and losing her hair right now either...her coat in that area is pretty thick. The new winter growth should fill it in nicely though....give it time. :D

no it doesnt lol tho ive not brushed that part yet as she doesnt like me brushing her there but i cant wait for the coat to come back thru :) lol