harness recommendation

BingBlaze n Skyla

getting fed up of Blazes ezydog 1 now - it keeps slipping to the side n i cant imagine its comfy for him when the buckles slip under his armpit :( it used to fit really well - its a large - n on the loosest i could get it it was perfect however now its too big :confused: so seems to have stretched i think

so i need a harness reccomendation - i LOVE the style of ezydog and obv it has to be blue but i am finding it hard to find 1 - help?

So harness is def better then collar for walking since they like the pull am I right? I was thinking about switching but I heard they can be uncomfortable, or should I just use it just for walking (sorry for thread hijacking)

OK so this is a conversation that's been had before.

This is what we do.

When we want to walk the dogs around the local park etc, they are attached by the collar.

they know when they are on the collar they are supposed to walk nicely , minimal pulling.

(I can walk all 3 of mine with connected leads in one hand)

However

When they are on harness they know they CAN pull, they are attached to the walkydog on my bike and they can really let go.

You know your dog and your surroundings though.

I wouldn't be able to trust Kissuna in a collar as we have ducks and geese in our backyard. We live in apartments as well, so we see other dogs and sometimes cats. The one time I took him out to potty a goose flew right by us an he tried to slip his collar. As a result his collar is as tight as it should be, instead of relaxed.

But even on our walkng trail there are geese and ducks and squirrels and stray cats and other people walking their dogs. I feel I just can't trust him on a collar. I've been training him to walk nicely on a harness and he has gotten a little better.

So its up to how much trust you have in your dog and what you feel is right.

I'm not sure if they sell these in the UK, but we have a harness made by Kong, the company that does the dog toys. It's VERY strong, is adjustable, and has one of those panels across the chest, which hopefully makes it more comfortable. It also comes with an extra strap for use as a tether in the car. I've been pleased with Kong's stuff.

My two have harnesses from Xtradog. They are fleece and material and don't slip at all.

ive tried one of those - the large was too big around the neck but the medium was too tight

So harness is def better then collar for walking since they like the pull am I right? I was thinking about switching but I heard they can be uncomfortable, or should I just use it just for walking (sorry for thread hijacking)

depends on ur dog - my girl wears a semi-slip collar - my boy wears both - he is better in a harness because the collar chokes him - but he can break harnesses so has to have a semi-slip aswell - and thats attached together with my double ended lead

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=112&pf_id=50362

Check these out nix, I can walk all 3 of ours on these no probs. They are padded, very comfy and easy to fit. They also discourage pulling :)

thanks