my kia

toni mitchell

because we were gonna get her done but because she has never had a litter ther vet advised me to let her have a litter as i can cause cervical cancer if they have never had a litter, the same as if a woman doesnt have a child xx not to make money as we wud prob end up keeping them all we have more than enough space x

because we were gonna get her done but because she has never had a litter ther vet advised me to let her have a litter as i can cause cervical cancer if they have never had a litter, the same as if a woman doesnt have a child xx not to make money as we wud prob end up keeping them all we have more than enough space x

a VET told u that!? omg i would be looking for a different vet! shes also quite young too - i would have waited till she was atleast two years old, has she been hip and eye scored too?

Unfortunately, your vet didn't tell you that, Siberians being prone to several genetic diseases, they should have their hips scored to make sure they don't have hip dysplasia (which isn't done until they're 2), and their eyes also should be checked by a veterinary ophthalmologist and certified as normal. Given the advice you've gotten from your vet, I would also be looking for another vet! I haven't EVER heard of cervical cancer being a risk in dogs if they've never had a litter!

Start doing research now, if you haven't already, what to expect when she starts into labor, and if you need advice, there are several threads on the topic, as well as several of us with experience - ask away!

thanks! i have been doing lots of research and im totally dedicated to my dog and her perspective pups! although agreeably i could of done more. i was shocked when my vet sugested cervical cancer and guess i paniked as i love my dog and would never want that to happen to her. if she isnt already pregnant i shall make sure all correct tests are done before even thinking about breeding her and shall be definitly changing my vets x

thanks! i have been doing lots of research and im totally dedicated to my dog and her perspective pups! although agreeably i could of done more. i was shocked when my vet sugested cervical cancer and guess i paniked as i love my dog and would never want that to happen to her. if she isnt already pregnant i shall make sure all correct tests are done before even thinking about breeding her and shall be definitly changing my vets x

if shes not pregnant - best thing u can do to stop cancer is get her spayed - cant get cancer in what u dont have ;)

I agree I seriously think your vet is talking rubbish. What vets are you with ? Im presuming your from Bury ?

yes I read in another thread that she---err, her husky--comes from a place called Bury LOL idk where "Bury" is. Maybe my backyard? LOL at least that's where Dime would BURY his "treasures"!