Willow and Dexter Escaped this morning

RoseWillow&Dexter

Had one hell of a morning today....its now 12 ours later and I'm still worked up about it.

Daniel got up at 6.45am to put the bin out because he could hear the garbage truck. The dogs were outside and he opened up the roller door and got the bin out without them going anywhere and closed the roller door but then Dexter started freaking out and pushed the roller door up and they both got out! (i was still in bed but i could sense something was not right) he got Dexter back in the carport and closed the roller door and went after Willow. Dexter started howling as he does and then i heard what sounded like him out the front. So i got up and saw that the roller door was up and there was no dogs and no Daniel so i quickly chucked some clothes on and ran out the front...Dexter came running inside. And so i went to look for Willow..... when she first saw me she came almost to me then bolted...she was having the time of her life running all around the neighbourhood...darting across roads. daniel was following her...( oh and to make it worse...some of you may know they chewed off their collars last night so there was no collar to grab)

I got my car and tried to lure her in with food didnt work...she was too smart she knew running was more fun. Eventually half an hour later i see someone outside and she was going up to them so i yelled at them PLEASE GRAB HER AND HOLD HER!!!!!!!! so he called her and she came to him and jumped up on him....then i pounced and picked her up and put her straaaaaaaight in the car.

It was soo stressful and horrible... i now understand what everyone else has gone though and how scared you get.. i was lucky it was so early in the morning (2 degrees as well) so there wasnt many cars on the road. I've been fuming all day...grrrrrrrrr

Sorry about the novel lol :cookies:

Darwin has got off his lead or out the door on a number of occasions.

and he also LOVES to play the "chase me" game.

first thing we do is go back in the house and get a tin of tuna.

once we're close enough for him to smell it he comes trotting back for the nom noms :)