Hi everybody, am back!

sib_husky1

Well i haven't been here for a longer time, because we just moved to the US in February and had stayed in a hotel for a while. Now after two moves I finally have the time again for forums.

So what is new?

Well, Rusty my Sib has a new buddy named Shiloh. Shiloh is now 19 Weeks old and a Border Collie mix. My husband found him on the local adds and there he was written out as a Husky-Lab mix, which I knew directly wasn't correct. Also the people we got him from (they were at least the second owners), were dumb enough to believe that he was a girl and had named him Bella. Well he is definately NOT a girl! Rusty still feels a bit annoyed by the pup, which I hope will change as Shiloh grows taller and older.

Rusty loves it here, especially the fact that he now has a big garden and a lot of groundhogs to have fun with! He even has been skunked already, since he really had no idea what kind of animal he had in front of him....we don't have skunks in Germany. The only bad thing: he takes every chance he can, to force his way out the doors and take off. He already had to spend a night in the district shelter, because he wasn't wearing his tags, which were still at the collar he wore when he got skunked. In Germany I was able to let him off the leash all the time and he never once ran away.....

He doesn't run away far, and stays around the house and property. Mostly he runs into the fields right behind the house, and even when he was caught by the pet control he was only next door on the Neighbors porch. But they didn't know where he belonged so....

We try as hard as possible to make sure he has no chance to escape and when outside he is on a chain. landlord doesn't allow us to put up a fenced in area, so that's the only way.

Well, all in all we like it here and feel very comfortable where we are. But yes I do miss Home and try to keep in touch with everybody back in Germany.

Enough for now, but i will write as much as possible .

Well, I'm still kinda new here so I didn't know you before you left - so I'll just say :welcome5:

Curious, I saw that you were from Germany and now in the US (NYS=New York state?), would that be military? Fort Drum?

Looks like a good pair you have there, the pup with the moose and his look *is* priceless!!

Hi Al,

Yes, NYS=New York State and Ft. Drum is right too, military no, my husband works for AAFES, but luckily i live quiet a bit away from the base... so We have basically nothing to do with the military.

AndI also haven't been here for long either, signed myself up in February but wasn't on since March...

Welcome back. . . Fantastic Pics.

Now don't go away again. !!! :)

Hi Al,

Yes, NYS=New York State and Ft. Drum is right too, military no, my husband works for AAFES, but luckily i live quiet a bit away from the base... so We have basically nothing to do with the military.

AndI also haven't been here for long either, signed myself up in February but wasn't on since March...

Okay, I'm nosy; I was born in Alexandria Bay, raised in Plessis (and if you know where that is I'll really be surprised!) and Redwood. Lived in Phily (NY) right outside the "back gate" for a year or so ... so where are you? Are you from around there originally?

(( I said I was nosy!! ))

rofl..... 1. naw am a purebred German! I've at least heard of Plessis and i know where Alexandria Bay is. My husband is original from Westchester County,NY. We are in Lowville.....Lewis County. If you happen to know where that is :D

Ja, there's (used to be?) a creamery up there that we took our milk to. Okay, I'll let this get back on topic - just pleased always to see someone in an area I recognize.