Anyone seen movie "8 Below Zero" ?

wjmartins

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit of a tear jerker, as has been said; I think most 8 yo's would like it, it is a Disney film after all.

Take a look here for a slightly biased review from someone who is obviously a dog lover!

Can't embed IMDB videos but there is one that's really good so go here and under related videos there's a shot of a dog with his foot on an orange safety cone - talks about the training.

So okay, that link goes directly to that clip.

Here's the link to the IMDB page for Eight Below.

I'm done, go enjoy!!! 'cause you will!

I loaned it to a friend whose boys love dog movies. My friend told me her 9-year-old boy came to her in the middle of it both a little bored and very bummed (as was his 11-year old brother). They did not finish watching it.

Movies like "Snow Dogs" (lots of silly action takes) and "Good Boy" (with annoying talking dogs) were a little more her kids' speed. You really have to engage in the plot of Eight Below; it won't suit a child who wants nonstop entertainment.

I personally find it a great movie; but I don't think a kid that young will understand the plot...I think the movie is aimed for teens/adults even though it IS a disney movie.

Then again, if the kid is a dog lover the mature plot issue may be overcome watching the dogs. It can't hurt to try, I guess.

Then again, if the kid is a dog lover the mature plot issue may be overcome watching the dogs. It can't hurt to try, I guess.

That's true.

Though, I'd like to think I'm past the kid stage...and yet I still cried at certain parts of the movie. It's a tear-jerker for sure.

i think it will depend on your child.. my 10 year old loves it and so does my 3 year old.. it has a jumppy part in the middle and if your child follows the story easily might end up tearfull. made by disney and rated PG says it all really .. .enjoy your movie night..

:cry1:I think its a really good movie, probable my favorite Husky movie. Now if they'd do a serious one like Hachiko on Balto, that would be a really good one! Anyone else know of any really good Husky movies? I think kids if they like dogs enough may sit through this movie, and I think there's no problem for a child to watch it, as elenamarie said; can't hurt to try:D

Like othersbefore me already said: it really depends on the kid! My now 14 year old daughter loved the movie when we first watched it, my 12 year old son got bored and my 7 year old son kept getting up to play and than come back to watch some more....but that was like 3 years ago...... sooo

I personally think girls like the movie better than boys (not enough action) and of course all doglovers!

But be prepared and have a box of tissues next to you!