Best training for outdoor husky?

Guest db86

Hey guys hopefully I am going to get my first husky this Saturday. I have been researching for several weeks about the breed and really can't wait to get one!

Anyway, my question, if my husky is going to be an outdoor dog should I still crate train her? If so, what exactly would this look like for an outdoor puppy? I have a large, 20x20 chain link dog pen in my backyard so should I just put a doghouse inside that and use it as my "crate"? Just to specify, I definitely don't plan on keeping her in the pen all day that would be awful.

Also, since she isn't going to be a house dog I don't really need to potty train her so what would be the first thing I should teach her? After reading online, it seems to me leash training and nipping would be the best things to start out with. Any thoughts?

Potty train her to go in one spot. then you're not have to wade through piles of it when you go in the run or your garden. :)

plz do remember huskies are pack animals, and they should be given the necessary companionship specially during puppyhood. Also, remember you never know what you are going to get, so you might get a husky who doesnt like being outside. For instance, my boy was never particularly a fan of being outside, and most of the time he wants to stay inside. Also, lots of huskies who are kept chained or crated outside, and alone, will most likely develop behavior problems which force owners to rehome. They really are like babies.

even if you want to keep her outside, you need to teach potty training, because it allows their muscles to get stronger and allows them to hold it for a long time. So, if you ever want to take a car ride or need to keep him/her inside (summer specially) he/she won't have to go out every so often or worse do his/her business inside.

Huskies aren't great outside without a companion or human company they hate to be left alone and can turn aggrestive if left outside plus if its to warm your husky will over heat and they are great escape artist so if she gets a chance she will be gone and you might not see her again. I don't know others feel but I think its wrong to stick a puppy outside anyway as the first few months they need interaction and. Company as husky get bored and will turn loud and destructive if they have no company I can't even shut my back door on mine without them howling and opening the door if unlocked