Hello everyone

kper

I am located in Iowa and we have been owned by a few huskies, the latest of which is perplexing us a bit and we'll need to be asking some questions.

Here is Kenai, our oldest at 14 yrs, who now lives with grandma and grandpa and getting pampered. She's having a health issue I need some information on.

Kenai.jpg

And this is our newest addition, Sacha, she is 4 months old. She is the one we need urgent advice with.

0704110845a.jpg

Like I said, we are having a couple issues and will have many questions.

Thanks!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye and welcome to the best Husky Forum going. I'm a newby to Husky's but I've been a dog person since I don't know when.

Fire away, it's a good bet that no matter what you ask, someone on here will have had some experience or be able to point you to someone who has!

At 14, Kenai deserves to be pampered! And Sacha, she looks like she's just waiting to give you all he pleasure you've had with Kenai!

Welcome to the BEST Husky forum in the WORLD.

Lovely pics.

There is a meet organised in Iowa see this thread for details.

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/iowa-meet.23634/

I am located in Iowa and we have been owned by a few huskies, the latest of which is perplexing us a bit and we'll need to be asking some questions.

Here is Kenai, our oldest at 14 yrs, who now lives with grandma and grandpa and getting pampered. She's having a health issue I need some information on.

Kenai.jpg

And this is our newest addition, Sacha, she is 4 months old. She is the one we need urgent advice with.

0704110845a.jpg

Like I said, we are having a couple issues and will have many questions.

Thanks!

:wave:and :welcome5: to the pack:kimba2::huskyrocks: Your Husky's are beautiful! Ask what you will, there are loads of experienced Husky Owners on here, and culmintavely we can answer you-I'm sure your problem/s are not uncommon to alot of us here;):up:

Wow, thank you for the warm welcomes!:)

I'm off to earn a little cash to keep the lights on but I will have responses to many of the comments.

I thought I'd throw in this very poor phone pic of Sacha at about 10 weeks:

05091108401.jpg

Awwww Sacha is sooo cute and Kenai looks good for her age too!! welcome, this site is full of advice and info ask away at any questions even if u think they maybe a bit odd or strange I'm sure someone here can help or point u in the right direction.

Awwww Sacha is sooo cute and Kenai looks good for her age too!! welcome, this site is full of advice and info ask away at any questions even if u think they maybe a bit odd or strange I'm sure someone here can help or point u in the right direction.

Oh yah, the stranger or odder the better!! Keeps people on their toes and often adds a bit of humour!

Wow, thank you for the warm welcomes!:)

I'm off to earn a little cash to keep the lights on but I will have responses to many of the comments.

I thought I'd throw in this very poor phone pic of Sacha at about 10 weeks:

05091108401.jpg

Well, I think she's so beautiful that it cancels that out-don't you;) When you have a great model, the quality of the pic goes up, even if its not at its best-you pic isn't that poor of a shot-you got her in the photo!:lolman:

I can't get over all the welcomes. I don't think I've ever been welcomed to a forum quite like this, :thankyou:

To reply to a few that had direct questions... we live about 40 miles south east of Des Moines.

Sutsibe, are you anywhere near me? I see you have Sibes pulling in your sig block, is that you? If we can work out some issues with Sacha we'd love to have her active in skijoring or something similar. I'd like to get our 3 yr old granddaughter involved with a sled when Sacha's old enough but I'm not prepared to get another dog and I think a sled is too much for one dog... maybe I'm wrong.

I'm also very interested in the meet in Ackley since it's only about an hour or two away. Is this the type of thing that is in different parts of the country every year or is this one in Iowa every year?

I can't wait to get started on the questions (problems) but it's granddaughter weekend and a 4 month old husky and a 3 yr old makes for little time on the computer.:mad:

I can't get over all the welcomes. I don't think I've ever been welcomed to a forum quite like this, :thankyou:

To reply to a few that had direct questions... we live about 40 miles south east of Des Moines.

Sutsibe, are you anywhere near me? I see you have Sibes pulling in your sig block, is that you? If we can work out some issues with Sacha we'd love to have her active in skijoring or something similar. I'd like to get our 3 yr old granddaughter involved with a sled when Sacha's old enough but I'm not prepared to get another dog and I think a sled is too much for one dog... maybe I'm wrong.

I'm also very interested in the meet in Ackley since it's only about an hour or two away. Is this the type of thing that is in different parts of the country every year or is this one in Iowa every year?

I can't wait to get started on the questions (problems) but it's granddaughter weekend and a 4 month old husky and a 3 yr old makes for little time on the computer.:mad:

I'd hazard a guess that's because there IS no forum quite like this! Sarah and Marc work awfully hard to make this one as friendly and informative is it is!

No, I'm up by Ackley - I live a few miles east of there on an acreage. So far, this is the only one here in the US, as far as I know, although several others were discussed at various times (I don't recall hearing them happen). If we get enough interest, and it is sounding like we might, hopefully we can do it again next year, anyway.

Sleds are actually quite light, and sometimes you can find one used quite cheaply. Try looking at www.sleddogcentral.com. You might also look at a kicksled, like this one (http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Boy-Sledworks-Double-Kicksled/dp/B000OVDSXQ) which is smaller, and would probably be easier for a small child to use. Some years ago, I was more active in sledding than I have been the last few, and several races offered "kids races" after the racing was done for the day. Mushers would bring a reliable dog or two up, and we'd send a kid on a sled behind these dogs between two points/people. Kids and dogs had a blast - as did the handlers, most of the time!

Gigi