It's time for me to confess...

Franklin Phil

I'm so ashamed as it was totally my fault. My back yard is a husky escape proof fortress...so long as I dot my i's and cross my t's. I made a lazy mistake. I have a gate in the back yard that opens inward. On our daily walks we exit out of that gate. Evidentally the last time I returned home with the boys I neglected to be sure the latch was fully engaged.

Last night my wife runs in the house, "THE HUSKIES ARE OUT!!!" I am so thankful to my many neighbors who were out & about at that time. They would say, "They ran that way! And they were just FLYING!" To make a long story even longer, we caught up to them about fifteen minutes after their successful jailbreak. They were a mile and a half away. Could not have done it without all my neighbors help and while none of them are on this forum, I still want to say thank you.

I suppose I've learned a valuable lesson and yet I'm still so angry at myself. I was sure I'd never find my boys. I was sick inside. When we DID finally find them, I was so overcome with relief. So, today I shall do my routine inspection of the fenceline, and perhaps I'll finish by standing in front of the gate and pondering whether the latch is sufficient even though it couldn't possibly have been engaged.

oh dear god!

thankfully you found them,i went all goosey reading that.

thank heavens for good neighbours:)

i hope you are ok now you are over the shock,i bet your heart was in your mouth,i know mine would be.

mistakes happen though Brian,all's well that ends well!:)

It's so easily done.

If it hadn't been you then someone else would have eventually.

Thanks to your brilliant neighbours for the help.:)

Scares the crap outta you don't it :(

Absolutely don't blame yourself, look at my story this morning! can happen to any and all of us!:rolleyes:

So pleased you found them safe and got them back home :clap:

Totally know that horrible sick gut feeling though and Blue was only out of sight for a few minutes!

I suppose the scariest part is that my new rescue had spotted the neighbors cat across the street through our front window. I knew on the chance he got loose that the first place he'd go was to their house. Evidentally I was right though he must have just did a quick scan and left. Boy, huskies on the loose like that are like a gang of hooligans. Looking for trouble everywhere they go.

Defo heart stopping, I had been outside the back gate working on my trailor, came in for my dinner, ate that sat and had a coffee and chat. Then my heart stopped, I went all cold, jumped up and ran out the back garden, yes I had left the gate wide open ! and there was Boone lead against the wall with his nose hooked around the gatepost just sniffing, phew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So yeah, don't beat yourself up, we're all guilty at some point I was just luky that time lol

WHEW I'm glad you got them back ok. We had an escape not long ago and it definitely gets your blood pumping doesn't it. Thank goodness your neighbors were nice enough to help you seems good neighbors are getting harder and harder to find these days. Don't beat yourself up about it they are safe and home so now all you need to do is learn from it and be all the more vigilant and things will be alright :)

Absolutely don't blame yourself, look at my story this morning! can happen to any and all of us!:rolleyes:

So pleased you found them safe and got them back home :clap:

Totally know that horrible sick gut feeling though and Blue was only out of sight for a few minutes!

I'd read your thread and felt your pain. It was you that inspired me to post. I didn't want you to feel like the only knucklehead out there. :)