Probably the dumbest follow up question on the planet

Franklin Phil

You've probably read that yesterday, due to my own negligence, my dogs got out. If you didn't read that, they're both home safe. However, as I was walking them this morning I remembered an imponderable that occurred to me the night before as I was trying. To find them. On two occasions I arrived at an intersection and had to decide which way they were likely to head. On one such corner I opted for straight because that's the direction we go when we walk.

BBZZZZ!! Wrong answer. They went right

Anyway, (the following is the formentioned dumb question) has there ever been any studies to help one determine the likely direction a husky might take given 3 similar choices? Would they be more likely to take high road, or the low road (the road slightly going up, or down)?

Feel free to tease me for such a dumb question.

You've probably read that yesterday, due to my own negligence, my dogs got out. If you didn't read that, they're both home safe. However, as I was walking them this morning I remembered an imponderable that occurred to me the night before as I was trying. To find them. On two occasions I arrived at an intersection and had to decide which way they were likely to head. On one such corner I opted for straight because that's the direction we go when we walk.

BBZZZZ!! Wrong answer. They went right

Anyway, (the following is the formentioned dumb question) has there ever been any studies to help one determine the likely direction a husky might take given 3 similar choices? Would they be more likely to take high road, or the low road (the road slightly going up, or down)?

Feel free to tease me for such a dumb question.

There have been several studies done on just such as thing, of which the results are as follows:

• Wind direction - Depending on which way the wind blows will depend on the direction. Nobody likes wind blowing in their face and huskies are no different. Especially in heavy rain.

• The rabbit effect - Should there be a rabbit on the go in front of them, this would always supersede point one of the study.

• Heat Wave - With the keen sense of smell, the husky will always smell out the nearest "Doggy red light district" at the first possible opportunity. This would supersede point one, however may cause a little confusion when heading this off with point 2.

I mean I dont know LOL

whichever has better smells and more interesting scenery i would guess. Mine always go to turn into the most grassy roads on our walks and i have to drag them the way I want to go.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Where another dogs scent is strongest or where someone is cooking some nice smelling nom noms

A way they haven't gone before or go less frequently!

I know when I take the usual walk down the gravel, when we make it to the intersection where we often turn around, they'd be happy to continue on one of the ways we don't go as often - they're still pulling. When we turn around, however, they act like they're completely exhausted! Heads are down, tails as well, and they generally aren't pulling nearly as much as they did on the way out!

what a fab question,and one that just has never occured to me to ask.

you'd automaticaaly think of them going in a direction that they know and are familar with

but thinking about it......they are on the run,fugitives!! so they are going to go somewhere new and inviting in the hope they dont get caught

and brought home too early:)

There have been several studies done on just such as thing, of which the results are as follows:

• Wind direction - Depending on which way the wind blows will depend on the direction. Nobody likes wind blowing in their face and huskies are no different. Especially in heavy rain.

• The rabbit effect - Should there be a rabbit on the go in front of them, this would always supersede point one of the study.

• Heat Wave - With the keen sense of smell, the husky will always smell out the nearest "Doggy red light district" at the first possible opportunity. This would supersede point one, however may cause a little confusion when heading this off with point 2.

I mean I dont know LOL

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I mean I dont know LOL

Well, except for option one, none of this is really helpful. I haven't been equipped with the keen sense of smell to track a rabbit like the dogs have. I don't remember the exact numbers but it's something like, dogs have six million smell sensors, and stock, I have been equipped with four. Having said that, their smell sensors aren't really that impressive when I see them nose diving into another dogs butt.

And as far as option three, A bitch in heat never really got it done for me like it does the dogs. But it beggs the question: Does this still apply to fixed dogs?

Well, except for option one, none of this is really helpful. I haven't been equipped with the keen sense of smell to track a rabbit like the dogs have. I don't remember the exact numbers but it's something like, dogs have six million smell sensors, and stock, I have been equipped with four. Having said that, their smell sensors aren't really that impressive when I see them nose diving into another dogs butt.

And as far as option three, A bitch in heat never really got it done for me like it does the dogs. But it beggs the question: Does this still apply to fixed dogs?

Hmmm .. Maybe we could apply this to human terminology. I'm so called 'fixed' and I'd still have to make a decision on Food versus Sex ... LOL

Dakota was always easy to find. He went to the nearest house with another dog everytime! Willow got loose once when her leash unclipped mysteriously but I had Dakota with us and she never strayed from us. It has been 5 maybe 6 years now since the last time Dakota got loose and we lived in a much smaller town. I'm terrified that I have just jinxed myself.