neighbors-outraged-after-man-kills-loose-dog-destroying-his-livestock

Removed #5

okay, okay, my opinion might sound a bit weird, but... The pastor is STILL the one at fault! The husky owner is wrong for not keeping her doggy on-leash, but you don't need to stab a puppy to get him off your property, right? And the fact that he shot a black lab a couple years ago made me very sure he IS the one at fault O_O I mean, none of the news mentioned that the lab killed any livestock! He's just running around--with his owner trying to chase him--and suddenly, BANG! The dog's dead O_O why? Because he unconsciously entered the property of an overprotective man, nothing else.

I don't know about you guys, but this man is obviously not fit to be a pastor =\

not really sure what i think tbh - it was abit harsh to do it after all it was a puppy n could have probably quite easily have been picked up n removed from the chickens - however farmers ect are in their every right to kill an animal if its so much as worrying livestock let alone killing it

o think it could have been handled differently but then it shouldnt have needed to have been handled at all if the dogs were secure

He was within his rights, as his Chickens were being attacked.

However the method, seems a bit too "Enthusiastic".

If I was one of his Parishoners, I wouldn't want this person

guiding my spiritual needs.

I am astounded that a pastor, whom I would assume to be a religious person, would do such a thing. I guess I'm with Andy, I would not want this person guiding my spiritual needs either.

I'm in agreement, Andy, David and Mazz! I can understand his frustration with people allowing their dogs to run loose and upset with them killing his chickens. However, it is disturbing that he killed the puppy with a knife, especially since the pictures of the damage were evidently too much to show on TV. I don't think I'd care to be one of his flock, either!

I was intentionally ambivalent when I posted this; but I have to agree with the crowd. He was undoubtedly within his legal rights I really have to question the morality.

To give him the benefit of some doubt, if his chickens had often been victimized by wandering dogs I can understand the anger & frustration. I wonder if the owner of the puppy could bring him up on "cruelty to animals" charge, killing the poor pup with a pocket knife!!, I'm sure the courts would take a dim view of that.

I forget what I was looking for when that popped up and I almost didn't post it - that is one weird web site.