Amy Winehouse found dead???

When Back to Black gained critical acclaim Amy was only 22 years old and she had a very loving and supportive family. I had the honour to work with one of her relatives for a number of years and I know how much they cared and worried about her. Unfortunately despite being, when on form, an outstanding performer, musician and song writer I think she had a self distruct mechanism that many talented people have. Those close to her wanted to help her but unfortunately were unable to do so. Let's hope Mitch gets off the plane, if this is the case, without a whole load of the press hounding him.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it was her boyfriend that sparked all the drug and alcohol abuse. I suppose she got into a slump that she just couldn't get out of, like most people with addictions. It's like smokers, how many times can you tell them that they could die from smoking or could get cancer. It's even written on the packets now, but still, day after day, they will pick up that packet of cigerettes again.

It's very sad to see people that get stuck in addictions. I feel very sorry for them.

Stacey xxx

Apparently it was her boyfriend that sparked all the drug and alcohol abuse. I suppose she got into a slump that she just couldn't get out of, like most people with addictions. It's like smokers, how many times can you tell them that they could die from smoking or could get cancer. It's even written on the packets now, but still, day after day, they will pick up that packet of cigerettes again.

It's very sad to see people that get stuck in addictions. I feel very sorry for them.

Stacey xxx

true enough but its the "it wont happen to me syndrome"

If you have an addictive personality, it is easier to become addicted to a substance. Some people can become addicted after just one time be it cigarettes, alcohol or drugs, includng some prescription drugs. In the music industry alcohol is readily available. One of my sons is in a band and when he plays a gig it seems automatic that they get given crates of alcohol backstage. I should imagine drugs are also easily accessible (not from the promoters) from the hangers on if they choose to take them. Remember when you are in a pit it is very hard to dig yourself out, even with help, and even harder if the temptation is there in front of you. Blake Fielder-Civil may have or had a drug problem but it could be considered that the relationship between Amy and Blake was of two people with similar personality flaws meeting up with dire consequences. I personally think that Amy's song writing was at its best when she was writing about problems that she may have personally experienced herself in a relationship.

Ah well Next..

No time for Drug users waste of time and space imo, people like her should never get the publicity, they imo should be wiped from the limelight straight away, Pete Docherty next please.. not nice to wish someone dead but fupp em scum of the highest order!!!!

Feel sorry for the parents yes i do, but i will wash my hands of any member of my family if i found out they were taking drugs! yes it is an addiction but to start with it was a choice and if your thick enough to make a bad choice like that then you deserve everything you get!!!!

And to top it all off she was a crap singer anyway! the only talent she had was finding a good Vein!!!!

Wow Tony, I usually agree with you, but not this time :S:

Amy was a great talent and will be missed by millions of people. I don't think many of us will agree with her lifestyle choices but she was a tortured soul, like so many before her, and maybe that is why she was such a great songwriter.

We all make our own lifestyle choices, some good and some not so good - and we certainly all have our own personal flaws. Some of us are extremely intolerant of others, self righteous, nasty, and vindictive, while others have their addictions to substances like food, drugs, alcohol, and cigarettes. Wipe them/us all off the face of the earth and there will be no one left. None of us are perfect - how boring would that be!!

RIP Amy, you left us too soon and will be missed by millions all around the world.

the saddest thing I found, was the front cover of one of yesterdays papers had almost full front page about her death and a 2" slot beside it about the young people who were ruthlessly gunned down in Norway, no wonder I rarely buy a newspaper. I don't like hearing of anyone so young dying, but as someone has already said life is about choices and she made hers.

Don't think Gaga will go the same way - she is a business woman entertainer not a natural talent.

I agree with you there, Gaga she is a persona a carefully thought out marketing ploy and is a very smart business woman.

I honestly don't really care that Amy Winehouse has died...it sends a good message out there... DRUGS KILL, just because your talented doesn't mean your invincible