adding

anna owen

we have the chance of taking in another rescue husky on thursday this week its female and a stray how would we go about introducing her to hatchi and tizzy and what do we do if she doesnt take to them i really want to take her in she has no name or anything and if we dont have her on thursday her and her brother will be put to sleep ive arranged for my friend to have the brother as her partner has had huskies all his life i just hope that the female fits in with our family and we can make this her forever home

Whoo check you out.. But well done for rehoming again Hun and maybe I'll get to meet her soon..

Because you don't know the history of the dog it can be difficult introducing her to your dogs, I'm not sure how you go about it and you also have to be 100% sure that the new dog will be ok with your little boy Cody ..! Be careful and I hope she is ok ..

X Angie & Rico X

Make the introduction outside, and not in your home. Take them together for a long walk so they get to know one another. Best if you can do this a couple of times before hand. There may be some spatting between them, but that usually is each figuring out the pecking order. Unless the rehomed dog has some behavior issues, it should not be too much of a problem. It won't be an instant success, most likely. Took Zoya, ours from a pup, and Eisa, our rescue, several weeks to really get used to one another.

Whoo check you out.. But well done for rehoming again Hun and maybe I'll get to meet her soon..

Because you don't know the history of the dog it can be diffilt introducing her to your dogs, I'm not sure how you go about it and you also have to be 100% sure that the new dog will be ok with your little boy Cody ..! Be careful and I hope she is ok ..

X Angie & Rico X

yes we will arrange a meet soon promise x x x

thank you all but this i9s a case of having her brought to me thursday or shes put to sleep ill just have to do trial and error on this i think and use some of your ideas but i have been told shes brilliant with other dogs and with children x x x

What a massive responsibility to have put on your shoulders!! I really do hope it goes well and your little pack accepts this new addition as smoothly as possible.

:lovebone:

i would have her brought to you on mutual ground, i have always made sure that any new addition is introduced to my guys at the dog park, where there is no tension as they are offlead. As you are in manchester you could arrange for her to be brought to you at st. helens dog park? Once the dogs are nice and tired we go home and they usually pass out and we have had very very few problems doing this, and have taken on 2 rehomes like this and they had both fitted in with no issues

what happens if she doesnt get on with hatchi and tizzy though hun ? What will you do with her if thats the case ? I think you would be better trying to arrnge to meet on neutral ground first because of the issues Hatchi had when he came to you, you could just set him right back to square one x

Where are you rehoming her from ?

If she truly is great with other dogs, that should go a long way way toward making a smooth transition. Is there anyone you can get to help you to help introduce her to your guys? If so, the idea of the dog park and/or a walk is a very useful one!

Good luck and :congrats:!!!

what happens if she doesnt get on with hatchi and tizzy though hun ? What will you do with her if thats the case ? I think you would be better trying to arrnge to meet on neutral ground first because of the issues Hatchi had when he came to you, you could just set him right back to square one x

Where are you rehoming her from ?

halifax hun and yes got people to help my mates fella has had huskies all his life and his comming up to help me and gaz x x x