omg i cant belive people keep getting worse

BingBlaze n Skyla

Some people are just clueless. In the end of the day if you dont like a breeds traits then GET ANOTHER BREED YOU DIMWITS :D I can understand when a new breed so to speak was created people feel the need to cross. But now a days people 9/10 dont use that breed for what they were first intended for use as so why cross them ???!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some people are just clueless. In the end of the day if you dont like a breeds traits then GET ANOTHER BREED YOU DIMWITS :D I can understand when a new breed so to speak was created people feel the need to cross. But now a days people 9/10 dont use that breed for what they were first intended for use as so why cross them ???!!!!

And that should be the final verdict... The concept itself isn't BAD, its just rarely justifiable. Thus making the outcome bad.

Trey.

im afraid i dont agree with you trey sorry

the fact shes saying they are like huskies but dont run away like samoyeds but arent yappy either is stupid - she cannot garuntee these traits n im afraid purposely breeding them IMO is wrong!!!!! accidently litters arent SO bad but even they can be prevented

im afraid i dont agree with you trey sorry

the fact shes saying they are like huskies but dont run away like samoyeds but arent yappy either is stupid - she cannot garuntee these traits n im afraid purposely breeding them IMO is wrong!!!!! accidently litters arent SO bad but even they can be prevented

Thats not exactly what I'm trying to say, but I've found it to be hard to say...

I thought someone else made the first post, so I was a bit confused there. I defiantly agree that this lady is nuts, and that she should just get another breed, because the puppies aren't guaranteed to be what she wants anyway, they could be more husky, or more Samoyed. She would basically have to start a breeding program to get what she wants, and that would take a LONG time. This wouldn't be a good reason to cross, unless you wanted another breed. But its dumb to develop such a simple breed, since it would take so long, and for what? a simple cross? If she wanted huskies that didn't run away, she would be better off searching the globe for huskies that are less likely to run off, and then breeding them, and so on. Which I'm not sure I would agree with, I'm not a fan of pet-quality-izing breeds for people who can't handle a dog who was breed to work.

I try to remain open minded about crossing. Because look at what the AKC has done to the German shepherd:

maffay_stack2.jpg

I wouldn't have guessed it was a german shepherd...

So, I still question the facility of keeping lines "pure". Of course, they aren't doomed by keeping them pure, but when people aren't responsible to keep to the standards, this happens. Back when the german shepherd was being developed, they didn't keep it pure. They just bred the best of the best herding stock in germany. Purity has its benefits, but it has its drawbacks if not done properly. While I agree that in this circumstance, its wrong. I just like to challenge the thought of "pure" breeding. While I am not against it, I just like to bring up the fact that, just because everyone is doing it and swears by it, doesn't make it the right thing.

Trey.

oh yeh trey i know what u mean about the gsd - feel sorry for the poor thing - its just when people purposely breed x breeds i just dont like - i dont mind pure breeds so long as they are bred ok - not like the gsd uve posted above - i also have a rescue x so im not against the idea of them either ;) n i know plenty ov lovely x breeds - i really do hate the fact they stick stupid prices on dogs she will call a samousky just to try n justify it

A Samousky?! bahaha... oh, yeah thats defiantly wrong, just crossing two dogs and charging a small fortune for them because they are rare or whatever is sick, because they don't adhear to any standards, and you have no idea what you are getting. When I talk about crossing, I'm talking about giving the dogs away (or charging an adoption fee if you want). NOT selling them. Unless you've spent time developing a new breed, or you just bred dogs for working, without caring were they came from (other than health, and personality traits of course) and just making a working dog, or something like that.

Trey.