Hello

Markus

I've been browsing Google to find as much info on huskys as I can and came across this forum, may I say so far its looking the best :)

I don't have a husky :( but I am planning on getting one soon(hopefully) I've been reading as much as I can online over the past few weeks and I have ordered the book Siberian Huskies (Complete Pet Owner's Manual) 2011 by Kerry Kern. Is there any other books or resources available online which may be good to read? Also is there a section on the forums where I could ask questions, I need to know about "escape proofing" the yard.

Hi and welcome to the pack :D

Quite a few people have found "Siberian Huskies For Dummies" really good :)

On the main pg of the forum there are different sections so if you have a Q about feeding - there's a food section - there's also a husky questions section - which is prob the best place to post up about husky proofing your garden :)

Good luck in your research - always nice to see someone looking at what they're getting into lol and welcome to the pack :D

Welcome you've come to :-

The BEST Husky Forum in the WORLD !!

we have over 4500 members in over 60 different countries.

Our depth of experience runs from new owners with puppies,

to families who have had huskies in their lives for several generations.

So YES you can ask questions.

Fire away.

Have a scroll down the home page you'll find lots of sections on every topic of Husky life.

Post your questions in the area you think is appropriate.

There are lots of books on Huskies, However by asking questions here

you will get a good cross section of answers.

From real people with real experience.

To start off with have a look here

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/thinking-of-getting-your-1st-husky-read-this.6842/

Also type a query in the SEARCH box and see what comes back.

Chances are your questions have already been asked and answered by someone else. :)

Good luck finding your Husky.

hello and welcome:D

good on you for doing the research first

just one little bone to pick though

''may i say so far its looking the best''.........IT IS THE BEST!!! :D

happy hunting and researching

any questions about anything at all just shout,some1 will be along to help/advise you

Thank you all very much :)

So quick to respond here, have been waiting 2days on another forum for a reply lol, ill stick with this place seems as it IS the best hehe.

Right, time to find the question section and write an essay for you all hehe. Thanks again.

Best way to learn on here is simply to stick around. Use the what's new button at the top and become involved in the conversations. This is how most of us have learnt and we pride ourselves on being a site for people who have huskies as pets where we can all learn from each others experiences. This way you tend to get real life knowledge better than you will get from any book :) plus it's a more enjoyable way to learn lol

:hello::wave1: congrats, you've came across the best and the biggest husky owners forum in the net world! ^0^ we're known for our express replies and responses, so don't be shocked by the amount of long essays these people write for you in five minutes time :P Go post up questions, I'm sure all of us will be more than glad to help ;) Oh and other than gaining knowledge, you can also read about the stories of our dear beloved huskies =) WARNING: stories about member's huskies might contain some horrors that will stop most people from trying to adopt a husky :P Examples: stories about huskies escaping, destroying expensive sofa, chewing favorite shoes etc etc etc LOL but ofc, THAT is exactly why living with a husky is never boring =) Tell us when you decide to bring home a puppy of your own one day, 'kay? :D

Thank you all very much :)

So quick to respond here, have been waiting 2days on another forum for a reply

We hear this soooooo many times.

With experienced members in almost every time zone

there's always someone around to give you their help or advice. :)

It's part of what makes us the best :up:

Welcome to the madhouse! :)

like many other memebers have stated the depth of knowledge here is amazing :), just fire away ANY questions you may have, even if you think it might be "dumb" or "obvious" everyone will take you seriously and strive to help you :)

Hello and Welcome to the pack. There is tons of info and personal experiences here. Don't be shy, feel free to post in threads or create new ones. Everyone is usually super nice here and if you have a question chances are someone will have an answer or at least be able to point you in the right direction. I've only been a husky owner for ummmm 4 months or so and have learned lots on this forum.

Let me add my belated welcome to the forum! I'm, in Texas so y'all have been up for a few more hours than I have. I'm the fool who gets to set up an talk to the crowd when you all are snug in your beds.

While I've had dogs and / or been around dogs for most of my many years, Misty is my first Husky and it was touch and go for a while! They are definitely not your "normal" doggish pet!

Ask away, someone will be here and awake at (I think) almost all hours of the day or night.

//al

Welcome you come to :-

The BEST Husky Forum in the WORLD !!

Oh Andy! You're only saying that because it's true!!

Welcome to the Forum! Yes! You have arrived! I would honestly say that everything you need to know about huskies can found right here on the forum. For one, everything posted, asked, debated etc. here is done so by people with real life experience with huskies. We may not know everything, but as a collective group of Siberian owners, we can usually arrive at the best answer to difficult questions.

Have fun! And notice the search box at the top. Use this to search out earlier threads on a variety of topics.