Read and Say "WHAT?!" =P

mydiamond

Hmm...I would steer clear of this guy! If you do see him again and he asks to borrow Dime, tell him in no uncertain terms that Dime is your dog and you find it very unnerving for a total stranger to think it is okay to just "borrow" him out of the blue! Men shouldn't really be approaching you on your own anyway, make sure people always know where you're going when you go out for a walk and let them know roughly when you'll be back.

Some people really are bizarre, we had someone ask if Luna was an albino german shepherd yesterday....:rofl:

WTF is a albino german shepherd???? does it even exist??? :confused:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is a albino german shepherd???? does it even exist??? :confused:

Albino GSD or widely known as white GSD is now officially considered as a separate breed. The AKC register this breed with the name "American White Shepherd". Basically they have the very same appearance as the standard GSD (except for the pure white coat) but they tend to have calmer and "more controllable" manner. So this is the dog for those people who want a less-energetic GSD =)

Make sure that you have told your family exactly where this man lives (as long as you know he actually does live there). Also do you have a mobile phone? Make sure you take it with you. If you haven't got one can you get one in case of emergencies. Regularly change your walk route, especially as you leave your home at the same time. I know it is difficult to know how long you will be out, but tell, or write down the route that you plan to take and if you do this let your family know where it is written. You could keep it in the form of a diary which would be interesting to look back on as you could write up anything of interest that Dime did. Think safe and be safe for both you and Dime.

I too think it's scary!!

Even as an adult, i would avoid that house......or ask other neighbors about the person....

hav never seen this guy before =\ suddenly he popped-out from this house (residents of this house are coming and going, it's almost like a villa for a group of friends) and asked to borrow my baby =.=a

There used to be this guy that lives there for a lil' while, and he said: "oh you have a lovely dog. I used to have a husky, but he passed away several months ago". He also explained to his (scared and confused) friends almost everything about the Siberian husky breed, so I feel comfortable enough to tell him the short version of Dime's background. Probably this potential-thief hears Dime's story from "this guy" and decided that Dime will cost some bucks in the shop :eek:

Albino GSD or widely known as white GSD is now officially considered as a separate breed. The AKC register this breed with the name "American White Shepherd". Basically they have the very same appearance as the standard GSD (except for the pure white coat) but they tend to have calmer and "more controllable" manner. So this is the dog for those people who want a less-energetic GSD =)

Don't quite know why they thought she was a white GSD though....the grey saddleback is a bit of a giveaway! Some people are wierd!

ah well i know what a white GSD is Kells has one called Echo. and she is most definetly not calmer!!! lol

ah well i know what a white GSD is Kells has one called Echo. and she is most definetly not calmer!!! lol

LOL at least that's what the article says :P Thanks for the info tho now I know some articles aren't as reliable as dog-owners! :D I'm a big fan of GSD so done a research on white GSD/panda GSD just for fun LOL my goal is to know a little about every breed (sounds stupid ofc but I enjoy reading on temperament descriptions so who knows? hehee)

Don't quite know why they thought she was a white GSD though....the grey saddleback is a bit of a giveaway! Some people are wierd!

people ARE weird O_O Dime is an agouti, blue-eyed dog but they STILL thought he's a GSD mix =\

mine is a GSD mix

and Storm is a very lovely dog. No offense, really O_O GSD is so very popular in Indo (the only dogbreeds Indonesians know about: Poodle, GSD and Chihuahua LOL) and everyone thought everything is purebred or mix GSD x)

and Storm is a very lovely dog. No offense, really O_O GSD is so very popular in Indo (the only dogbreeds Indonesians know about: Poodle, GSD and Chihuahua LOL) and everyone thought everything is purebred or mix GSD x)

No I didnt think you did mean any offense I was just saying he is! :lolman:

:huskyfall: you actually scared me x) okay gotta go for another afternoon walk O_O keep your fingers crossed, hopefully this one is not cursed like yesterday's walk x) Will remember to stay away from the potential-thief's house! >.<