9 Husky pups stolen

Grumpy Busted

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are opportunists everywhere.

will keep an ear open for any being offered around here.

Also If I see anyone with a new puppy I'll ask where they got it from.

Is this kind of thing more prevalent in the UK than in the US? I just dont' hear much about dogs getting stolen here, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I think so Olivia. Im not sure that dogs in general are high on the list of things likely to be stolen in the US. Unless of course, the dog has a whole bunch of crack.:D

Is this kind of thing more prevalent in the UK than in the US? I just dont' hear much about dogs getting stolen here, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

I think Siberians are much more the "hot" dog in the UK than here in the US, so it's easier to sell them quickly, fewer questions asked.

I think Siberians are much more the "hot" dog in the UK than here in the US, so it's easier to sell them quickly, fewer questions asked.

I have no comment on the first half of this quote as I really have nothing with which to compare. There is a tendency here, though, to ask almost no questions when you're getting an animal. I think most of us just assume that the seller has the right to have and to sell ...

Yes siberian huskies are the in thing now... aparently anyway. Just look at preloved to see how serious the situation is here in the UK. For a malamute x husky you pay almost the same price as a full kc reg pup as well as a lot of unregistered sibes go for just a small fraction less than a full kc reg pup.

I have no comment on the first half of this quote as I really have nothing with which to compare. There is a tendency here, though, to ask almost no questions when you're getting an animal. I think most of us just assume that the seller has the right to have and to sell ...

There have been times when I've had a litter (and other reputable breeders I know have experienced this, as well) where if I had had 2 litters at the same time, I could have sold all to fantastic homes by the time they were 4 weeks old. There have also been times where everyone would rather buy a so-called 'designer' mutt for three times what I charge for a registered puppy from a litter where parents have had their hips and eyes checked and certified. The American public is very fickle!

there is a litter of pups matching the sexs posted up on gumtree today http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/for-sale-husky-pups/84584060#full-gallery-wrapper

this is the Pic on the gumtree ad

77318010.jpg

I would ask for a pic of Mum and pups together.

this is the Pic on the gumtree ad

77318010.jpg

I would ask for a pic of Mum and pups together.

thing is the pic on the other one they are older so cant compare them this is the link for them on pets4homes http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pets4homes.co.uk%2Fpets4homes%2Fhome.nsf%2FLookupUNID%2F58AD3703061D74B4802578CB00417D21&h=nAQD8sbS2

Weird. . . so where did the thieves get a "younger" pic of the puppies ??

my friend from k9 search uk thinks it may have been a family breed and falling out

Ah. . . that would make sense.