HELP!!!!

liannebarnes_6

Hey!!

I have a 10 week siberian huskie called Kira. I've had her for two weeks and I find that she is very naughty. The first few nights I had her she cried all night but now that has stopped and she sleeps on her own. I'm having problems with biting at the moment. She bites and jumps up at everyone she sees. I understand she's teething but I'm scared in case she carries this on when she gets her adult teeth. I've tried saying "no" each time in a different tone of voice and stopping interaction if she bites too hard but she carries on. I understand she's only a pup but I wana nip it in the bud. Also she has started ripping the carpets up when she is distressed, I.e when she is left in the house alone. She's been allowed on walks for the past 7 days and I am also finding it difficult to toilet train her. She goes on training pads at home but even when we walk for hours she waits until we get home to go to the toilet. I would appreciate any help or advice from anyone! :)

Kira is a well loved happy dog and she's always full of live, I guess I've chosen a difficult breed for my first pet lol x

First off :welcome:.

Please can you do a proper introduction of You and your Furbaby

in the Introductions section. (with pics)

Everything sounds quite normal for a 10 week old.

You are doing the right thing with the Bite inhibition by say "ouch".

Jumping up and nipping with visitors.

Try to teach her to Sit for a treat.

Then anyone who comes to visit give them a treat and get them to get her to sit for it.

Soon she will be sitting and waiting for a treat from visitors, and not jumping and nipping.

Carpets ripped when left alone.

Crate train her. It is hard at first, be patient.

Toilet. . .

great work with the pads. gradually move the pads to the door where she CAN go to toilet.

she will get the idea. Then move the pad outside. Again it all takes time and patience.

She's only a puppy. :)

She is not being naughty she is being a typical Husky puppy.

At 10 weeks old she shouldnt be walking for hours.

Most huskies are destructive when left alone, try crate training her.

The weeing at home and not out on walks is common.

There is lots of threads on here with info to help you.

Welcome!!! All sounds pretty normal for a 10 week old husky pup. The destruction part is something you can and should resolve with crate training. Here is a link to a thread on the forum dedicated to just that. Please read through this. There are a lot of folks here on the forum with a great deal of experience in this area. http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/crate-training-ideas.24803/

As Andy said, post in the introduction! We'd all love to see your puppy!

Your pup is doing what a normal pup does. I would agree with everyone else start crate training her this also helpful for toliet training your pup as most dogs won't go toilet in their crate. When she bites say no bite and walk away from her and then wait for her to calm down.

your pup shouldnt be walked for hours, way too much. the recommended amount is 5mins per month so 3mths 15mins.

I think your expectations are much too high for such a tiny pup, crate training will help. however realise you have a pup from a pack mentality. you are its pack and when you leave he feels abandoned and alone. he wants his pack back and this is distressing. crate train correctly and build up the length of time you leave him very slowly.

cant really add to whats been said , crate training will help ALOT - i wouldnt use puppy pads - i would start as you mean to go on n take ur puppy outside to toilet aswell

nipping - try yelping like her littermates would if she bit them and it hurt them

make sure shes made to sit before guests or people in the street stroke her - make her do the same when u stroke her at home too - it SHOULD help when shes good and stays sitting praise her and/or give her a treat - when shes naughty n jumps - walk away n dont let her get the fuss