Special animal moments

Sarah

Come on peeps - let's share....

Be it funny / sad / scary what are your memorable moments?

Mine would have to be when I worked on the local farm, it was lambing season and I had to deliver triplets, one of them wasn't breathing when it was born and i had to act quickly to bring it round - the lamb survived and i always remember how proud I felt that I had made a difference :)

mine also has to be a moment during lambing time. I was out walking one of Jim's (the farmer) collies, Scott (looked more like a wolf, lol, than a collie! I heard a lamb calling in a field that had no animals in it as it was put for crops. I dont know why but something in my stomach told me to find out where the calling was coming from so I followed the sound, luckily Scott was also very good and lead me straight to the lamb. The poor thing was froze and bearly alive!!!! I called Jim straight away and he went off in his tractor and got his son to go in the land rover to find the ewe (we used different colour "Spray Paint" and numbers to indify ewe to lamb and the different colour were so we knew how many lambs the ewe had) and Jim told me to go back to the farm with the lamb and use my "initiative" to look after the lamb :confused: oh beeeep I thought what the beeeeep am I gonna do? I got back to the farm and put Scott away and then thought right this lamb is gonna need warmth and fast!!!! The poor lamb was nearly a lost hope but then it hit me, I had 3 large pens full of tame lambs which always cuddle up together, great! What better way than a nice warm bottle of milk and a cuddle and then put him in the middle of one of the groups of tame lambs. So I made up the milk and it took him a while but he soon to guzzle it down :) sat with him and the other tame lambs (all of similar size) laid around us and Tammy (one of a twin) cam up on my lap too :) I stayed in there talking to him for ages and I asked Jims wife to bring me a childrens book to read to him, she bought one out and I read it to him and laid some extra straw down. I ended up spending the night there with the lamb cuddled up in my arms and named him Twitch as he would twitch now and then. Jim and his son never found the ewe and suspected a group of foxes may have taken her :cry:

I woke up the next morning and Twitch was back to looking the way I found him. I tried to feed him milk and was refusing to take it, we had a ewe which had just lost a lamb (had no bum hole and Jim couldnt save the lamb in time so had the vet put it down) so we tries to see if Twitch would feed from the ewe but again Twitch was refusing! I stayed with Twitch the whole time trying to become a "foster mum" to him hoping it may help him feed, he was so cold too!!! Kept trying get him to feed and trying to keep him warm but it was no use :cry: I never gave up and that afternoon he lost hope and passed away sleeping and still Twitching :cry: I was so attached to Twitch and I still miss him now :cry: and now started myself off crying again :cry:

R.I.P Twitch

awwww *hugs* amy, sounds like you did all you could for twitch xxx

rip xxx

thanks, I got so attached to little Twitch in that little time I was with him, he did put a good fight considering he was only a tiny lamb, I do wish I could have done more for him and I do have to thank all my other tame lambs (Tammy and Tommy, Limpet, Floppy, Jewel, Totsy, Kody, Crackers, etc etc) for cuddling up and helping me keep little Twitch warm

mine would have to be when nooks decided rather than give a sock up to me she swallowed it and then had to rush her to vets that was scary and the bill was even scarier rofl nicest moment was the day we brought her home have had lots of tears and joy since but wouldnt have it any other way xx