Do people just like being ignorant?

EuphoricDelirium

I understand not everyone understands our chosen breed. So a little while back, when we had a small gathering of friends around for mothers day, and my brothers friend said "your dog is surprising calm for a wolf" :rolleyes: I gently corrected him, no harm, no foul.

But again, last night my brothers friend comes around, and says "come here, Wolfy! Hi! so pretty. I wish I had a wolf" and AGAIN, I corrected him, trying to explain that although they do tend to look wolf like, they are NOT wolves. He goes "Well, he's more wolf than Brin! (my sisters dog)" I said "well, no, not really..." and he goes "well, he looks like a wolf, so I say he IS a wolf. Why even bother getting a dog that looks like a wolf? just get a wolf!", at which point my brother jumped in with "for one thing, they're illegal here" and I tried to explain to him that just because they look the same, does not mean the temperament is the same, etc etc...but he paid no attention, and then proceeded to call my dog not by his name, but by "Wolfy" all night long. "Come here, Wolfy! Good boy, Wolfy!" :mad: I let it go, because he's the kind of person who tends to make up his own truths, and I rarely see him anyway, and I wasnt up for an argument. But it ground at my nerves so much

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not have been able to tolerate that person. That being said, I would not consider him to be ignorant, because ignorance can be educated. STUPID. on the other hand is hopeless.

I would not have been able to tolerate that person. That being said, I would not consider him to be ignorant, because ignorance can be educated. STUPID. on the other hand is hopeless.

Good point, he's one of those people thats very good at getting on your nerves, because he likes to make statements based not on fact, but opinion, or heresay, and argue them to be fact

I've been around these kinds of people before... I know exactly how you feel. They are completely closed off, and have no social skills. As annoying as they are, don't let them get to you, they have their own problems.

Thats why I didnt bother to argue anymore, it would have made my blood boil more than his anyway, lol

and my favourite phrase applies once again. . . .

"Dumb as a bucket of spanners"

:clap:

I wouldn't let it get to you ^_^

That kind of thing really doesn't both me, I mean yes they are a little ignorant, but they're being friendly to the dog, they're not being horrible, he wasn't scared or telling you off etc.

So save your breath, relax and smile :)

"well, he looks like a wolf, so I say he IS a wolf.

Best response is to refuse to call him by name but constantly refer to him as "Twat!" (or similar derogatory expression). When he asks why, simply say, "Well you look like a twat, so I say you ARE a twat!"

Glala and Dana got called werewolves yesterday, totally took me by surprise. I just smiled and continue walking. Wouldn't be able to say anything sensible to them at that moment anyway, wtf :confused: :confused:

lmao a couple of kids ran away from Blaze screaming its a werewolf! its a werewolf! i nearly pmsl! lol

I take Sarah with me to pick up my son from school, and a bunch of the kids swear up and down that she's a wolf. I tried repeatedly to correct them until my son said, "Mom, if they want to think she's a wolf, let them!" I suppose he likes being known around school as the kid who has the wolf.

Generally if someone doesn't want to listen to the facts about her, I shrug and go on my way. As long as they don't get a Sibe their ignorance is their problem.

Lmao you guys are great, and you're all right. He's such a frustrating person. Plus my dog is black and white with a black mask. When was the last time you saw a black and white timber wolf with a black mask?! I for one, have never seen it!

Best response is to refuse to call him by name but constantly refer to him as "Twat!" (or similar derogatory expression). When he asks why, simply say, "Well you look like a twat, so I say you ARE a twat!"

:doglaugh::rofl:

I know people like that, if they decide the sky is pink then it's pink, you can take them outside and point at the sodding sky "saying, look it's blue!" and they'll still swear its pink!

Omg you're so right, that is EXACTLY the kind of person he is!

The ideal response on that "dude" would sound like this: "Not everyone or everything wich looks like something else is that something else.

If you look smart by saying my dog is a wolf,it doesn't have to be true either!":))

That probably wouldn't work either, these people do it just to screw with you, and doing anything but ignoring them just makes it worse

Trey.