Shadow wee'd herself in her sleep

Tan J P

As title says

Shadow has been housetrained from very early days and we've never had a problem.

yesterday she was curled up asleep when she suddenly jumped up and then scurried to the door.

i turned and saw a huge puddle where she had been laying,

i went out to her and poor baby looked so scared,she came to me and she was soaking wet

she had literally wee'd herself.

this has never happen before,and once i washed her she was fine for the rest of the day.

could she have been in such a deep sleep that this has happened or has anyone had this happen and know another reason?

i have been brought up with dogs all my life

and owned my own for over 20yrs and never seen it either.

if i hadn't actually seen it,i would have just assumed one of them had had an accident

but she definitely did in in her sleep and woke up immediately after:(

I have never seen this before either.

If they can run in their sleep, well maybe she was busting for a wee, but still asleep.

In her dream, she was having a nice long. . . "Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and in reality she did.:oops:

As Matthew says, once. An accident.

If it happens a gain . . .vet time. :)

she is spayed

i was thinking maybe an infection,but then wouldn't have thought it would just be a one off if thats the case

she is not doing anything else out of the norm....no more wee'ing than normal,not mopey,eating normally.

i'm keeping my eye on her and if it did happen again i'd take her to the vet

was just curious to see if any1 else had this happen or knew any reason why

I spoke with my vet just last week about huskies having "accidents" while asleep, and while it's not common, in spade females its not at all unheard of. It is however very very uncommonn for a neutered male. If your beautiful girl has another accidental in her sleep bring her to the vet and she will be put on popalin more than likely and it should fix her right up.

And do not worry, you are alone with this issue.