First crate accident

Matthew

Ok so I got a new dog, lil Maltipoo(doesnt sleep in crate) and I have navi sleeping in her crate. The Maltipoo is free to raom the house since he doesnt get into anything. But I got him yesterday, and last night I fed Navi at 9 pm, put her in the crate at 12am. I woke up to poop EVERYWHERE! Her bed, blanket, floor, all over her. Why did she do this? Accident or some odd reason for having a new dog in the house?

aww poor Navi

wouldn't have thought it would be to do with the new pup,she would do this in the house regardless(if thats what she was goona do) not wait til she is in her crate.

does sound just like an accident to me

is she always fed at that time? maybe bring her last meal forward a little giving her time to go before she is crated for bed

She really didnt poop in the house before crating, she did 1 or 2 times and thats when I started crating. But had her a while and only had 3 accidents with poop that I counted. She gets fed an hour after her walk which is normally around 9 or 10, I go to bed late, as its 1230am now lol so she has time to digest? How long does it take for a cup and a 1/2 of food to go thru her?

ours are fed at 6pm....last meal

and we go to bed usually about 12am and they usually go before we go to bed

but they are all different suppose they've just got use to the same routine,we've never had an accident through the night

@Matthew,

With my guys it takes about 3 hours for food to move through minimum.

If you are feeding her at 9 then a last quick walk for "Business" just before you go to be at midnight (ish).

perhaps ??

She has a doggy door so I dont konw when she does Make, its just before now she was doing so good in the crate. She never whined(other then the first night) and she goes in when I tell her to.

Ah, I see she has free access to the garden to "Go" :)

Is the crate locked at night or can she still leave the crate, to go out to do her bizzyness ?

So it does seem related to the new Maltipoo.

Hopefully it's just an adjustment thing, to the new dog.

she'll soon settle back into her old routine.