WARNING!!!! LYME VALLEY NEWCASTLE

Graeme&thepack

URGENT WARNING ALERT IN UK - URGENT PLEASE SHARE..LYME VALLEY NEWCASTLE, WARNING!!!! Please do not walk your dogs around the Lyme Valley area ( newcastle staffs )as someone is dropping food injected with anti freeze for dogs to eat.It kills them as there is nothing that can be done to save the poor animals. At least 6 dogs have already died. Please post this on your wall to warn other dog owners.

I said I'm a cynic. I went looking in Google when this post first came up and found nothing. Set the limitations to the UK and the past month and it appears as if this has been a FB scare. While there have, apparently, been several "reports" on FB, there are no accompanying news articles.

Not making light of this by any stretch, it behooves all of us to be aware of what our animals get into "out there" especially since ethylene glycol poisoning has an almost 100% rate.

The dog of a friend of mine ingested anti-freeze which had bee set out to kill some cats, it's not a good way to die; very painful. The culprit though had advertised what he had done and was prosecuted on several counts of animal cruelty - not sure what the end result was - he moved.