Signs he needs to go outside

Murphy

Hi All! just joined the site this afternoon and everyone has been great, thanks for the help :thankyou: . I take Murphy out regularly ( as soon as we wake up, 20 minutes after meals, before we go to bed), however, he frequently pees with no warning signs. My fiance and I are quick to stop it by saying "No!" but it persists, even after we take him outside following an accident. We have another puppy who is a Goldendoodle and the same age, and she has the same routine and never has an accident. Any suggestions?

I haven't seen any of your other posts, so don't know how old he is. It may well be that he just isn't as mature as your other puppy - even though they're the same age. His bladder control may not be sufficient for HIM to have warning that he needs to go. Try taking him out just a little more frequently than you are, perhaps? If he truly isn't sniffing or circling before he goes, or doing anything else that shows he needs to 'go', that's about all you can do, until he develops a little more bladder control.

How old is pup? ....he should be sniffing or circling like Gigi said. Also refrain from saying "No" when he has an accident. Instead yelp or make a loud surprised noise... Saying no will just teach him that going potty is wrong. By teaching him this he maybe more inclined to go potty wherever he can go whenever your backs are turned since he won't want to dissapoint. My suggestion, likewise with Gigi, take him out more often until he gets the idea and his bladder gets stronger. Goodluck ! Hope this helps.

I haven't seen any of your other posts, so don't know how old he is. It may well be that he just isn't as mature as your other puppy - even though they're the same age. His bladder control may not be sufficient for HIM to have warning that he needs to go. Try taking him out just a little more frequently than you are, perhaps? If he truly isn't sniffing or circling before he goes, or doing anything else that shows he needs to 'go', that's about all you can do, until he develops a little more bladder control.

This may be why Kita seems abit reluctant to go outside when she isn't desperate then? because atm we're having a problem with her doing her poos in the house (mainly 1 room) and its always my mum that finds it and she scalds Kita quite severly, it doesn't seem to stop her going in the house, but I have to walk in and out of the house at night several times to get her to go before bed, is it possible that the scalding is making her hold it in until she can't hold it in any longer?

This may be why Kita seems abit reluctant to go outside when she isn't desperate then? because atm we're having a problem with her doing her poos in the house (mainly 1 room) and its always my mum that finds it and she scalds Kita quite severly, it doesn't seem to stop her going in the house, but I have to walk in and out of the house at night several times to get her to go before bed, is it possible that the scalding is making her hold it in until she can't hold it in any longer?

Most likely it's just that she doesn't realize she has to go (and she may not be quite ready to go) until she really HAS to go. She is still very young, and doesn't have full control of her bladder or bowels at this stage. She also has to learn (a lot like a small human child) the signals her body sends when she's getting to need to go - but isn't quite there yet! A good drink of water and some walking may stimulate her to poop when you want her to...

Most likely it's just that she doesn't realize she has to go (and she may not be quite ready to go) until she really HAS to go. She is still very young, and doesn't have full control of her bladder or bowels at this stage. She also has to learn (a lot like a small human child) the signals her body sends when she's getting to need to go - but isn't quite there yet! A good drink of water and some walking may stimulate her to poop when you want her to...

Yeah I can get her to go when I want to (with perseverance) the problems usually arise when I'm not there unfortunatley or very very occasionally when Im asleep.

Yeah I can get her to go when I want to (with perseverance) the problems usually arise when I'm not there unfortunatley or very very occasionally when Im asleep.

That's a more difficult problem then - can you get your mom to take her out a little more often and walk her a little more to help with the problem?

That's a more difficult problem then - can you get your mom to take her out a little more often and walk her a little more to help with the problem?

indeed, its more my little brother, he's just abit oblivious and doesn't think about these things so much, But I did have a proper chat with him last night, so hopefully this time it has stuck, cause I just called him and he was telling me what he had been doing with her during the day, so fingers crossed! :)

indeed, its more my little brother, he's just abit oblivious and doesn't think about these things so much, But I did have a proper chat with him last night, so hopefully this time it has stuck, cause I just called him and he was telling me what he had been doing with her during the day, so fingers crossed! :)

Excellent - hope that will help out for you!

Hi all husky lovers

i wanted to share how ur luna took a while to learn to pee outside, we had the paper by the bc door and eventually moved it outside and she would go out to pee, so after about a week we didnt use the paper any more during the day and kept the back door open, i thought she would learn from the jack russell we hae but we still caught luna peeing everywhere even right by the back door when closed, if its been raining she will still take a look and turn on her heels and come back in lol

after another week she just stands by the back door as if to say, " let me out!" lol, its like suddenly they get it and your forget about the accidents etc finally your husky is toilet trained, i would say " dont give up !"..

keep at it.:lovebone::kimba2::kimba2: