When will miley come in too heat?

aza1382

Hi could any one tell me what the time frame is for a sibe to come in to heat. Miley is 1 year old on the 6th August 2011 (few weeks away) and just wondering when to expected it??

Havent noticed any thing yet.

What ages to they normally start coming in to heat??

Thanks Aaron

Daughtry was just over a year when she had her first season.

Tikka is just having her first at 6 months.......I've had a mop permanently attached to my hand cos it's EVERYWHERE!!! :shrug:

By comparison, Daughtry just has a few tiny spots for a couple of days. We would hardly know she was in season if she didn't become VERY cuddly. :)

By comparison, Daughtry just has a few tiny spots for a couple of days. We would hardly know she was in season if she didn't become VERY cuddly. :)

Can we swap for a while ;), 3 days of this so far....I've no idea how much longer it will last. Tikka keeps looking at me as if I'm a fruitcake following her around with a mop :whistling:

Aya is 8 1/2 months and she came on, on the 26th. Up until today she'd been very well behaved with it, she's been clean and I've just noticed a few drops here and there. Until she jumped up on the sofa and wiped her blood bum all over my mail. Chears Aya.... :confused:

:whistling:

Hi All.

Thanks for all the replys.

Miley has come in to season thats for shaw now, we notice a few small spots last saturday round and in here cage. And over the last week up to today its been getting a little more each day, not a lot just a little all the time. All of the above have also started... Peeing every where 10 pees a walk and normaly only 2 or 3. Grumpy aint the word!!:jawdrop: she's a right moody bum, she just can't be asked to do any thing, not her normal self at all. Normally she's bouncing around the house like a mad woman on energy drinks. So temperament has definitely changed. She's well trained, good with listening at home and out on walks (on lead) almost all the time..... but last few days she don't care what i say, she's doing as she pleases......

Cleaning all the time, and a new thing chasing her tail, she never normaly dose this but over the last week she's been doing it a lot. (is this normal)

She's still eating ok and drinking like she normaly dose so a am not worried about that.

How long dose the season last for. 2, 3 or 4 weeks and how many times a year.

She is almost 1 year old and in her first season...

Thanks aaron and miley....

Hi All.

Thanks for all the replys.

Miley has come in to season thats for shaw now, we notice a few small spots last saturday round and in here cage. And over the last week up to today its been getting a little more each day, not a lot just a little all the time. All of the above have also started... Peeing every where 10 pees a walk and normaly only 2 or 3. Grumpy aint the word!!:jawdrop: she's a right moody bum, she just can't be asked to do any thing, not her normal self at all. Normally she's bouncing around the house like a mad woman on energy drinks. So temperament has definitely changed. She's well trained, good with listening at home and out on walks (on lead) almost all the time..... but last few days she don't care what i say, she's doing as she pleases......

Cleaning all the time, and a new thing chasing her tail, she never normaly dose this but over the last week she's been doing it a lot. (is this normal)

She's still eating ok and drinking like she normaly dose so a am not worried about that.

How long dose the season last for. 2, 3 or 4 weeks and how many times a year.

She is almost 1 year old and in her first season...

Thanks aaron and miley....

i would give her a month till shes fully out of season to be on the safe side - after about 2 weeks they will become receptive to males aswell so be careful when the blood stops as it doesnt mean shes out of season!

they are usually every 6 months - but obviously can be irregular when they first start so her next season could be anytime from janurary next year onwards

Hi all husky lovers, im glad someone already asked the " in heat" question, i was at the park today and luna has a friend whom is a golden retriever, whenever they see each other they play for ages, and share lots of kisses, well his owner said that his dog is at the stage of wanting to try it on, and said we must watch them, i said luna's 7 mths and neither of us knew what age females come into heat, so thankyou to the member who asked the question.. ill be keepin a eye on luna more than before..

have a good day x:thankyou::kimba2:

I have a new question to ask......Ok, Tikka started her season on 26th July, she's been coping pretty well - apart from driving me mad from her going in and out like a yo-yo for wee's - anyway, today I noticed she's starting to have trouble sitting down, she sat earlier today and yelped! Is this normal for her to be having such trouble sitting?? I'm guessing it must be pretty hard considering her ladybits are so swollen, but just wanted to check to make sure there wasn't something weird going on.

Thanks guys :D You really are so helpful :clap: