retractable leads

shenn

Make sure and check yr local laws. Most laws require a 6 foot or less leash. Some dogs learn on how to fell the leash at its last limit and pull it right out of yr hand. You really cant control a dog that is 8 or more feet away from you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had a problem with a regular string flexi leash - just be sure to replace it as soon as you seen any snags. Sitka doesn't pull a lot though (unless there is something fun to chase) and she has learned where the end is. ...I replaced mine with a tape though, just in case. Its definitely not a leash you can forget about though - I think I pay more attention to her on her flexi leash than other dog owners with their dog off leash (making sure she doesn't clothesline anyone, doesn't start chasing something before I can stop her & dislocate my arm...)

I don't use them.....don't care for them.

This is why: My daughter has a small dog. She has a flexi lead. The little dog is always at the end of it weaving to and fro in front of us. Barking at this or that and running back and forth some more.

Now, I know it's not the lead - it's the owner (and yes, it is my daughter) but it absolutely drives me crazy! She's forever tangling up Ryn and I and I just want to scream at my daughter "For God's sake woman, reel that little sh*t in!"

But, it's our problem not yours. I just had to get that off my chest.