kiddie pools?

Chevy

Sorry if this has been posted anywhere else, or if it is posted in the wrong place. I was thinking of getting my boys a little kiddie pool for them to play in. I do not even know if they will like it or if it is even a good idea. Any suggestions or experiences with this?

And that brings me to another question, do huskys like swimming and water as a general rule? I have never really thought about it untill I started thinking about getting the boys a pool.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep, the Majority of Huskies Love swimming and water.

One of the Hard shelled pools is probably better, soft blow up ones

tend to get accidental rips with claws.

Especially when they are chasing each other in and out. :)

Bo has a Wickes solid plastic cement mixing tray £17.48. Not as deep as paddling pool, but very chew proof. Only fills up to about 2 inches though but has a 1016 mm diameter. Good for dogs who like to dig in their water bowls.

You know those kiddie pools at walmart? We picked up one of those last year and it's lasted through then and so far this year...initially Fox wasn't terribly impressed with it...this changed when he saw the hose pushing water into the pool...he tried to nom on the water and then from there he started actually playing in it. Occasionally I'll stop off at the dollar tree and grab a couple of small hard plastic toys that'll float...and he likes to try to sink things with them...Eponine hasn't shown much interest in the water yet...

Also if you've got a hose...you may want to consider adding a sprinkler toy that shoots water out at all sorts of angles...I'd stay away from inflatable pools/sprinkler toys in general as I don't think they'll really last all that long as others have mentioned..

i think ill invest in one myself toby seems to like the water hes always trying to jump in the canal when were walking i stopped to talk to someone one day and he was lying in the canal when i turned around i don no if he can swim though cause i don let them off the leads not to sure how lucy feels about water

i think ill invest in one myself toby seems to like the water hes always trying to jump in the canal when were walking i stopped to talk to someone one day and he was lying in the canal when i turned around i don no if he can swim though cause i don let them off the leads not to sure how lucy feels about water

Lol, that reminds me of a situation I had with Dana. Usually I let them swim in a small lake nearby. I have one place where the water is deep enough to swim, but shallow enough to stand in for them. Well, on occasion I let them swim on a different spot as people where fishing there. Dana jumped into the water, forepaws in front of her, expecting to hit the bottom of the lake and stand in the water. Well, she didn't and disappeared completely into the water. When she came above she had the most shocked expression on her face I've ever seen. She jumped right back on the dry land :doglaugh:

Lol, that reminds me of a situation I had with Dana. Usually I let them swim in a small lake nearby. I have one place where the water is deep enough to swim, but shallow enough to stand in for them. Well, on occasion I let them swim on a different spot as people where fishing there. Dana jumped into the water, forepaws in front of her, expecting to hit the bottom of the lake and stand in the water. Well, she didn't and disappeared completely into the water. When she came above she had the most shocked expression on her face I've ever seen. She jumped right back on the dry land :doglaugh:

thats brilliant i can only imaging the expression huskies do make some funny faces

Bluewolf, your story reminds me of one with my Lab. I was living in Houston and my aunt lived over in Louisiana - about a three hour drive. The river that separates the two states has a rest area off I-10 so when we got there I stopped to let Lady out to take care of necessities. I pulled her ball out and was tossing it around and decided to let her get wet while we were there. The bayou off the river, at this point, was almost completely covered with water hyacinths so when I tossed the ball it, I guess, looked to her like just another patch of grass - off she goes. get's about 5 feet out on the hyacinths and sinks (of course). Looks over her shoulder at me with a "I'll get you for that!" look, get's her ball and swims back to me - and of course shakes right there!

To be honest, I was being *really* stupid; she could have gotten caught in the roots to the hyacinth or there could have been an alligator cruising around in there. Didn't do it again, but it still also brings a smile ....

Dogs and water, when they like it, it's a good combination!

Well, this weekend will be the mission to find a pool. It looks like there are only 2 places that I can find in town that have them, one is wal mart, the other is petsmart. I try to avoid petsmart, as I always end up taking an hour or more in there looking at things, and talking to people about pets, and petting all the dogs people bring in. As I can not stand wal mart, that is going to be a much quicker trip. I am going to find some toys that the boys can play with just for the pool.

Meika loves the water. If she sees it she has to get in. I have a video clip in the video section on here of her swimming in our local creek. I will be very curious to find out if our new pup Keeva will be as crazy about water as our Meika. We also have a clam shell kid pool for them when the days get a little warm.