Hi all Husky Lovers

MikBex

Hi all Husky lovers we are Mike and Beki and after much research of this gorgeous breed we have just put a deposit down on the gorgeous girl in my Avatar she will be joining our family at the end of August and we carnt wait . We look forward to chatting on here .

;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome Mike and Beki.

I take this is your first siberian bundle of fur ??

What's she going to be called ??

If this is your first Husky then you're in for a treat

'cos they are NOT like any other dog.

have a read of this

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/threads/thinking-of-getting-your-1st-husky-read-this.6842/

It'll familiarise you with a few "Quirks" of the breed. :)

I'm sure you'll have a ton of questions when you get the pup.

Answering them is what we do best.

We have 4500+ members in over 60 different countries.

There is almost always someone online to help out.

Good luck and most important

1st rule of Husky owners is POST PICS :)

HAY THERE...first husky hay..!!!! she will be lots of cheeky fun....:lovebone:lots of razor sharp teeth n claws..its a puppy thing...along with being a gorgeous bundle of fluffy fun. u will be addicted to a husky when you get her and want to spend all the time with her and not go to work...those eyes looking at ya..."where you going..!! hurry back i wanna play"

with any dog you will have the usual training stuff to do......and dont be afraid to let them off the lead...!!! they dont run away as is what is plastered all over the internet.

As the bond grows so will the trust.

i feel ur exitement - u wont regret it.

:welcome: Mike and Beki to THE best husky forum around :)

It's great you've done loads of research but as everyone will say if there's anything you need to know everyones so friendly on here you're sure to find an answer of someone!

Can't wait to see more :click:of your furbaby and find out her name

Hi and :welcome:, Mike and Becki - what a lovely little girl! :heartbeat::wub::heartbeat:

with any dog you will have the usual training stuff to do......and dont be afraid to let them off the lead...!!! they dont run away as is what is plastered all over the internet.

You must be one of the exceptionally fortunate ones, then, Dan! I haven't known very many that I'd even begin to trust off-lead!

HAY THERE...first husky hay..!!!! she will be lots of cheeky fun....:lovebone:lots of razor sharp teeth n claws..its a puppy thing...along with being a gorgeous bundle of fluffy fun. u will be addicted to a husky when you get her and want to spend all the time with her and not go to work...those eyes looking at ya..."where you going..!! hurry back i wanna play"

As the bond grows so will the trust.

i feel ur exitement - u wont regret it.

Mmmmmm bit of controversy here, i would say that the % of siberians that continue to recall as they get older is very low, trust your own judgement on this as yours get older but always have it in the back of your thoughts that there is a big chance that one day when you call them back they will give you the finger ( or paw ) and just run.

Would be a good poll to set up( @Sarah ) to see how many owners have a husky that is 100% trained on recall, especially after say 2 years.

Hi and :welcome:, Mike and Becki - what a lovely little girl! :heartbeat::wub::heartbeat:

You must be one of the exceptionally fortunate ones, then, Dan! I haven't known very many that I'd even begin to trust off-lead!

ye same here, my cousin used to always tell me that i was stupid not letting mine off lead he used to let his run around the park everyday and afta doing this for over a year one day the husky decided he'd do a runner out of the park took my cousin a few hours to catch him and he was blessed that he did'n get a smack of a car

Hi :wave1: all ,

Thank you all for the lovely welcomes and if I can figure it out I sure will post plenty of pics of her she is 4 weeks old today and gorgeous , we have also settled on the name Storm for her .

I am also sure Ill have plenty of questions for you all once we have her and Im sure she will keep us busy . xxx

Hi all Husky lovers we are Mike and Beki and after much research of this gorgeous breed we have just put a deposit down on the gorgeous girl in my Avatar she will be joining our family at the end of August and we carnt wait . We look forward to chatting on here .

;)

:hello:Mike and Becki---:welcome5: to the pack! Your girl is absolutely Goorgeous!!! She has the upside-down mark of Tyr on her, she's very beautiful! Any choices on a name yet? I would invest in a metal crate to crate train her-it'll help you along, and give her her own "cave" or space thats all hers, they actually LIKE it! Its so exciting when getting ready to pick them up, we're excited for you!

another Storm. :) I never recommend letting a husky offlead, it may come back everyday without fail for 10 years and one day run off and the only thing which will stop it is a car, train or farmers gun etc. IMO not worth the risk.

another Storm. :) I never recommend letting a husky offlead, it may come back everyday without fail for 10 years and one day run off and the only thing which will stop it is a car, train or farmers gun etc. IMO not worth the risk.

Boyo, you're one great optimist - but the last is why Misty's back on leash - I let her out the other night for her nightly run and after she'd been out for an hour or so I heard gunfire. (and the blasted dog didn't come home till something like 5:00!! talk about one nervous 'daddy')

I have to admit, though that I've taken a couple of pot shots at coyotes that have gotten too close to the house lately. They come in just far enough to entice the dog to come out and "play", but play times comes with dinner and the pup is dinner! Haven't found out yet who was firing at what, but - as you say - not worth the risk!

I consider myself really lucky that if / when she gets loose she will come home on her own - eventually!