settled

anna owen

hi all a bit of advice needed angel has settled in really well except when shes eating shes growles and when shes sleeping she pants alot she is very well mannered and i can not believe somebody could of just left her like they did her brother diesel is with my sister in leicester as i dont have enough room but id have love to of have them both least angel can still see diesel though when my sister comes to visit

For a while stay away from her when she's eating.

Chances are she had to protect her food from being taken by other dogs.

After a while she'll realise that no-one is going to take it and she'll stop the growling.

marley will still have a little growl if the girls approach his bowl

they have learnt that they cannot share his food

we always feed them together but never unsupervised for this reason

he is not at all like this with people,like angel,just dogs,we are aware so as long as they are always watched while eating

we dont have a problem with it.

she may well settle down once she realises her food will not be stolen by another dog.

panting is probably just down to her being warm,or worn out if she's had a walk/runabout before sleeping.