A Dogs point of view: How to hug a baby

Franklin Phil

Dogs and small children...

Many dogs are good with kids...many dogs are not...some children are taught how to interact with dogs...some do not...would I have trusted a dog that large (or well any dog really) to lay on my kid long enough to get a good picture? No...no I wouldn't even if it had been my pup its whole life...very small children are fairly unpredictable and without full control of their motor skills and being that size you've essentially got a baby whose probably grabbing things at random...

As for the farce story...ummm yeaaaah having been to Iraq its pretty obvious that its a hoax for a couple of reasons...1. The population there isn't too keen in general on dogs...something with training and breeding wouldn't be ignored...especially given the appearance of majority of the dogs seen wandering the streets. 2. Dogs and sign language...simple hand signals for tasks but what was used as an explanation is just a bit too out there...particularly because soldiers tend to shoot people trying to kill or capture them (even if there's a a crap ton of paperwork to go with it now) and stopping to exchange secret hand signals with a dog isn't nearly as effective as well aimed shots. 3. Quietly tearing the throat out of anyone... 4. The 'warehouses' that I've seen in Iraq are NOTHING like what they have in america and realistically it wouldn't take a person or a dog repeated jumps to knock down a door...and it would be more likely that the local popluation would disclose the location of the soldiers than that the dog would actually travel unharmed through the dessert to some unknown undisclosed location without any prior knowledge of it without being harassed, injured or distracted by wild donkeys....

Awesome post! The problem is the general public, they don't have facts to back things up, so they believe anything that gets blown their way. Same thing with computers and airplanes, gah, the airplane talk... anyways, its always great to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about.

Either way I didn't read it so...

Trey.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steph, I haven't been there (Iraq), did my service time in RVN. I had a few doubts when I first read the story - giving hand signals with his hands tied, shaky but maybe Quietly tearing out the guards throat - don't even go there, the dog may be trained to not growl / bark, but the guard's sure gonna scream and bodies hitting the floor don't make any noise -- yeh, sure. Etc ....

But then the first time I saw it, it was on Snopes so I already knew it was "wrong!"