Cannot BELIEVE the things some supposed professionals do

EuphoricDelirium

We've discussed use and misuse of ecollars before so I won't go there. That a kennel would use one, with out the owners knowledge and consent is unforgivable. To forget about it and allow it to cause the damage to the dog that it did is beyond unforgivable.

She, the owner, just wants her old Lucy back, it'll take a long time and shouldn't have happened at all.

Total negligence. The injuries were clearly from the collar being left on for too long and causing irritation to the dog's neck, it would have taken days for it to get that bad. I would be fuming if that happened to my dog and I have no issue with bark or e-collars! (though I would be fuming if one was used without my permission).

Total negligence. The injuries were clearly from the collar being left on for too long and causing irritation to the dog's neck, it would have taken days for it to get that bad. I would be fuming if that happened to my dog and I have no issue with bark or e-collars! (though I would be fuming if one was used without my permission).

I would be sueing... That's just not right, not in the slightest, they deserve to have their @$$'$ sued off to the point they are begging for foregivness :worship:

... At least thats what I'd do :hehe:

From the looks of the injuries - the collar wasn't fitted properly either. Makes you wonder what other areas they were negligent in. It's not like it's hard to miss the fact a dog is wearing bark collar especially one in the video with a short coat.

poor baby girl

i hope Lucy can get over this soon and there is no lasting mental damage!

i am horrified that a boarding kennels would use that without the owners knowledge or consent

they may well have refunded their costs and paid the vet bill,but i wonder if this will be ongoing should Lucy need further help.

i would also hope the kennels have decided against the use of such collars now since they obviously do not know the correct way to use them.

I don't particularly like the use of these collars but I do understand that if fitted correctly can be effective and harmless to the dog, however, I agree with everyone, The owners permission should have been given first. This poor dog has gone through a fair bit of stress because of the badly fitted collar and has even become injured. Disgusting! I would demand more than my money back and the vet bills paid!

When I lived in Houston, I went up to central Arkansas to a nieces wedding. The lab I had at the time was fed and watered by one of the guys I worked with - and she got plenty of attention from the others around so she wasn't a worry.

One of my customer had a kennel and I'd watched the interaction they had with their charges so I wasn't too concerned with leaving Misty with them till I got back. The woman who owns / runs the kennel has two large dogs of her own ( there with her ) and they get to play with the larger dogs in their care. When I came to pick Misty up I'm not sure she really wanted to leave, I mean she was stupid happy to see me till we headed toward the door and she kept looking back at her new found friends!

Point: sorry, some kennels are great - I wouldn't have thought twice about leaving Misty there again (maybe about getting her to come home ...) and some should be shut down. I don't like / approve / anything of the way they handled Lucy and if I thought it would do any good, I'd be talking to the county, a lawyer, their supervisors / owners - and other potential clients!

That poor dog :(

Like others have said the fact that they used the bark collar without the owners consent is absolutely horrible. I would definitely be suing, yeah the kennel refunded the money and paid the vet bill but I don't think that's enough. If they get off that easily for doing it once what's to stop them from doing it again.

I think it's utterly atrocious and negligent. I don't agree with the use of shock collars, but to each his own. I think everyone has the right to chose the best method of training for their animal, as long as they do it responsibly, without being judged, as long as no harm comes to either. But the fact that this kennel chose to do it without the consent of the owners, and then were so negligent that they FORGOT the collar on the dog, and allowed the animal to become injured, is pretty much unforgivable for "professionals" (or anyone for that matter). ANY business that is so careless towards the customers wishes/property needs to have their a** handed to them, in my opinion. Now my sister works for a vet clinic that also boards animals, and they are awesome to their clients dogs/cats, so I'm not saying ALL kennels are bad. We can't punish the many for the sins of the few. Just that this one was horribly irresponsible, and should at the very least refund the money and pay all the vet bills incurred from their negligence. :rant: