3 Trips to The vets in one day

Tanya-Meika&Keeva

What a day i had. Keeva was due for his 16 week old vaccinations so i made an appointment for the friday morning......The day before appointment i noticed Meika has a bald spot the size of a 10 cent coin on her cheek. I rang the vet an made an appointment for her on the same day as Keeva but in the afternoon. Next day i decide to swap them around into each others appointment cause i'm worried about Meikas bald spot. Turns out it looks like a hot spot. I'm guessing its from Keevas puppy teeth always biting that side during play. At 2pm i take Keeva to get his vaccinations. He's fine...but 2 hours later i notice his eyes are a bit red. I ring the vet and she says bring him in. I hang up the phone, turn around and his face has started to really puff up. I quickly race to town ( the 15 min drive i am trying not to speed but if the police catch me i know exactly what to say LOL). When we arrive, i get him out of the car and am shocked at how quickly his face has ballooned so much that his eyes are that puffed he can't see or open his eyes and the rest of his face is huge (and he's scared) The five ladies waiting for me fussed over him while he got his injections to fix it. He loved the attention. He now has a note on the computer that will flash up in the screen that he has had an allergic reaction the next time his file is accessed. I never want to be scared like that again. Lucky my husband was home to give the kids and Meika their dinner etc.

These were taken an hour later after the needles. We had just gotten home from the vets.

post-1587-13585979689934_thumb.jpg

post-1587-13585979692657_thumb.jpg

post-1587-13585979695138_thumb.jpg

His eyes went watery and he did have a bit of saliva around the mouth when we got there. I did tell the vet i was scared and worried he would struggle to breath properly. She said dogs with longish snouts like huskies, german shepherds etc don't have that problem. Its the breeds like pugs etc that would struggle. I'm so glad i noticed something not right with him when i did. We live a little ways out of town and i had to rush him in at peak traffic. I was cursing under my breath at every red light i had to stop at aswell. When we came to the last roundabout to exit town to come home from the vet, i saw a young adult male lying on the grass with a blanket over him. He must have been trying to ride his pushbike through traffic and got hit by a car. The ambulance had just arrived as i was exiting. I'm hoping he's ok.