is 4 so silly???

Tan J P

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Storm & Angels Mum ........I'm nuts??????

and you are called Loopy Lou for what reason? :lolman:

sheesh...between you and sarah i seem to have gained a totally unwarranted reputation....heehee,ask anyone!!

:whistling: me loopy??? nah never! :lolman: actually dont know how or why I have that anyways?

Fostering is a good halfway house. After all - you get to see whether you can cope with 4, do some good for the breed, and pass the dog on to its new home when one is found. We've fostered almost 200 over the past five years - and yes, it is sometimes difficult to say goodbye (especially with those that come in traumatised and beaten down that you have to work so hard to rehabilitate), but it is worthwhile in the end. We usually have 2 or 3 fosters at any one time - but then we've got 13 dogs of our own so 2 or 3 more don't really register as extra work.

frontroom1.jpgYately6.jpg

Mick

I have 4....2 sibes and 2 sibe x mals...looking at getting a 5th but want a mal this time.

I walk mine in 2's but need to take all of them with me as the rest go mad if I leave them...but if my housemate is in i'll leave the other 2 in the kitchen they moan for 5 minutes then give up and wait as they know they'll be going out next.

I have a van though so if I take them all out I put them in the van, drive to where I'm going and take 2 out at a time from there and then swap...wouldn't be much different with 5 I don't think. I also have a small enclosed football pitch near me that I let them off lead in and I take them from the van to there on my walking belt and just lean right back into it lol.

I could never manage my 4 on their own without haltis, 3 I can manage as long as dog's don't run up to me (I hate that lol)

I was dog sitting for about 5 weeks there....had a 5th and 6th staying for a week (was by accident as I mixed up my dates lol) and then another one (5 total again) for 4 weeks. And to be honest it's not much different. My only concern is with neighbours...not through noise but them reporting me to SSPCA as I keep them outdoors (apparently that's incredibly cruel *rolls eyes*) adding a 5th dog would just fuel their fire. And actually I wonder is there an official statement about how many dogs you are allowed to keep in a standard house with garden (as opposed to huge garden/land)?? My dog's run size is about 25' x 20' with a 8'x6' shed as their bedding area and a raised platform area which has corrugated perspex roof which is roughly 16' x 4'

x

4 is... err.. going slightly overboard? LOL idk about you and your circumstances, Tan, but four is way too much for me! XD 1st concern is walkies, 2nd concern is howls and last but (definitely) NOT least is shedding period :eek: :confused:

But, hey, rescuing a life is never a bad thing to do. Go for it if you're absolutely sure you can manage a 4th :)